Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Registered User

They're on ebay at the moment. Auction ends in an hour and a half. Here is the link.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Pearl-Snare-w...from=R40&rt=nc
    Last edited by Austin-Fitz; 07-31-2018 at 08:07 PM.

2. Registered User

Austin-Fitz,
    Thanks for the heads up, I got them!
    Thanks,
    Steve

3. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sksmith2500 View Post
    Austin-Fitz,
    Thanks for the heads up, I got them!
    Thanks,
    Steve
    Awesome! Glad someone here got them! I was hoping to have a spare set for my late '70s Jupiter, but I wasn't sure if they would fit. Good thing I decided to ask here before bidding. Since they wouldn't have worked out I figured I'd buy something else for my kit instead. As I've said before, I'd like to add a few more cymbals and stands to this kit. Originally it would have come with two 903D straight stands. One of which was still with the kit when I found it, and I really like it! I also like things to match, and I like heavy duty stands, so I decided I'd try to find another 903D straight stand or two, and maybe a couple of boom stands from the same series as well. Haven't come across any of the straight stands yet, but I did snag this 903BST boom stand off of Reverb. I haven't received it yet obviously, but it looks to be in great shape! I know it's going to weigh a ton lol. My 903D probably weighs 10 or 15 lbs. No ultra lightweight hardware here! I think it will be really cool to have all of the period correct matching hardware for this kit. I dig the sandblast finished bits on them. Matches my tom arms and memory locks!

4. Registered User

I appreciate the heads-up on the snares. I made one from a Puresound snare that is the same length, and it works great.
    I will probably just hold on to these originals to have. My wife says I'm a hoarder.
    Thanks,
    Steve

5. Registered User

4 months later and I'm still giddy about this kit lol! I've mostly been playing around with tuning lately, and I'm happy to report that for the first time in my life I've managed to get a killer bass drum sound with no muffling. I've always hated having stuff in my kick, but never had one that I could get to sound good wide open, and usually ended up using a pillow. This 14x24 nails it though! It's the perfect balance of attack and boom with a beautiful tone!
    Interestingly the combination of clear Pinstripe batters over coated Ambassador resonant heads on the toms sounds really, really good!!! They have the attack from the clear batters, but yet also that fat, round warmth from the coated resos. Kind of the best of both worlds! I think I'm going to leave them that way for a while. Anyone else ever play clear over coated like that?

6. Rockin' the Cosmos..

Quote Originally Posted by Austin-Fitz View Post
    I'm happy to report that for the first time in my life I've managed to get a killer bass drum sound with no muffling. I've always hated having stuff in my kick, but never had one that I could get to sound good wide open, and usually ended up using a pillow. This 14x24 nails it though! It's the perfect balance of attack and boom with a beautiful tone!
    good to hear ... I don't muffle my 24x14's either .. wide open .. attack, punch, boom .. all I do is port reso and add impact patch to batter for added punch and durability