Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
  1. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by MitchLyons View Post
    Unfortunately that gathering is a bit too far for me, but I just wanted to mention I've been here now since 2010, which is insane. I turned 22 in April, which means I would have joined when I was 14. Crazy how time flies. I haven't been as active here lately due to touring with my vans, but I still read up on threads every now and then. Hope all the OG's are doing well!
    2005 here.
    Way Too Much Crap

2. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by MitchLyons View Post
    Unfortunately that gathering is a bit too far for me, but I just wanted to mention I've been here now since 2010, which is insane. I turned 22 in April, which means I would have joined when I was 14. Crazy how time flies. I haven't been as active here lately due to touring with my vans, but I still read up on threads every now and then. Hope all the OG's are doing well!
    We are still waiting for Rocker to solidify his possible date.

3. Paiste-oholic

I think that playing live music is dying. I see more of my local musician friends just stop playing altogether, or just jamming by themselves, which is what I've been doing for the last almost 5 years. So, not much need to discuss new gear, etc.

That, and also of note from the PDF heyday were a MILLION threads like "What is a good ride for crashing?" or "How do I get to be fast on double by like Joey?"

I'll take the slower traffic here, but with substance, over that dreck any day of the week.

4. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Stranjluv101 View Post
    I think that playing live music is dying. I see more of my local musician friends just stop playing altogether, or just jamming by themselves, which is what I've been doing for the last almost 5 years. So, not much need to discuss new gear, etc.

That, and also of note from the PDF heyday were a MILLION threads like "What is a good ride for crashing?" or "How do I get to be fast on double by like Joey?"

I'll take the slower traffic here, but with substance, over that dreck any day of the week.
    There’s no doubt about that. Rock is following the footsteps of jazz and many of us are in denial of it. Too many terrible bands in both original and cover music are a huge part. Greedy club owners willing to book these bands purely because they had a bunch of friends who would go and see them were/are part of the problem as well.

Even my generation never had a live band at various gatherings. DJs are what were at every dance.

You can tell it’s part of the reason sales of drums are down as they and I don’t see much hope with the popularity of EDM and Hip-hop growing as it is. We had a “conversation” about that here. https://www.pearldrummersforum.com/s...post1854432078

5. th droids yerlookn4

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    2005 here.