Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. Registered User

Default Mach 2 mic suggestions

I have a Mach 2 cajon and love the sound. I am playing in a few gigs that require me to mic it.
    I知 looking for suggestions on a mic well suited for this cajon, since an interior mic is not practical due to the design. I知 considering a standard Shure SM57, set in front. Other ideas?

2. SUPREME MODULATOR

Quote Originally Posted by NoslenLRac View Post
    I have a Mach 2 cajon and love the sound. I am playing in a few gigs that require me to mic it.
    I知 looking for suggestions on a mic well suited for this cajon, since an interior mic is not practical due to the design. I知 considering a standard Shure SM57, set in front. Other ideas?
    The best mic will be determined by the room and particular application not necessarily the instrument itself. There are plenty of mics that will work and work well. What microphones do you have access to now and how will you be using the cajon? An sm57 is an obvious, simple, and effective microphone but not necessarily the best choice.

3. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PYRRHO View Post
    What microphones do you have access to now and how will you be using the cajon?
    Primary locations will be multiple churches and school auditoriums and gyms. I’m playing it traditionally; sitting on it with hands. I’ll also have some aux percussion. The only mics I have at this point are Samson CO2 overheads (haven’t tried these yet). The suggestions I’ve read have been an internal. I’d like a mic that I would be able to use for multiple applications. I don’t have other mics for my kit yet, so I have nothing else to try yet. Still new to playing with mics. I’m open to all suggestions.
    Last edited by NoslenLRac; 04-26-2018 at 05:09 AM.