Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. J-Con

Anyone know anything about this crazy video on YouTube?

https://youtu.be/rZss7BQssv4
    Attached Images Attached Images     

2. NO KIT TOO BIG

Who knows, guess we'll have to wait till May.
    Pearl, Natal, Ludwig, Tama, Slingerland, Premier Drums
    Zildjian, Sabian, Zyn Cymbals
    PEARL, LUDWIG, TAMA, NATAL and DW Snares
    Roland, Yamaha and Dauz Electronics, and loads of Percussion

4 Kits and 7 Snares, and I still don't have enough!

3. th droids yerlookn4

looks like what i literally was going to build myself , on a diy project .... well... scrap that ..lol

4. th droids yerlookn4

wel l ... if they dont run tom sizes 8 ..to 16 ...then .. game on !! ..lol

5. Registered User

Hi,

Pearl need to release proper size kits, like 10, 12, 14, 16, 14 snare, 20" kit or 22" not 10, 10, 12, 12 pad, This is what people are asking today for Edrum.

6. th droids yerlookn4

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisk View Post
    Hi,

Pearl need to release proper size kits, like 10, 12, 14, 16, 14 snare, 20" kit or 22" not 10, 10, 12, 12 pad, This is what people are asking today for Edrum.

yeah ....you havent seen the e-pro kits have you ? we're past that i think ...

it appears to be a more compact version of the epro pads in units that are pad holders , as opposed to stand alone drums,,
    i'd like to see if those are a new type of pad material,, or if these are just pearl jumping on the the mesh head band wagon...

if it's the latter i'm gonna start calling them the pearl strike pros ....lol

dont get me wrong i think pearls stuff is great , im might buy a redbox in the future months.....best deal in the e-drums market

7. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 2 basses4life View Post
    yeah ....you havent seen the e-pro kits have you ? we're past that i think ...

it appears to be a more compact version of the epro pads in units that are pad holders , as opposed to stand alone drums,,
    i'd like to see if those are a new type of pad material,, or if these are just pearl jumping on the the mesh head band wagon...

if it's the latter i'm gonna start calling them the pearl strike pros ....lol
    yes but with mesh head now since patents is expired from Roland and option with real shell size.
    Last edited by Chrisk; 04-11-2018 at 09:45 PM.

8. th droids yerlookn4

pearls e-pro live drums ...aside from the 8....were real drum sizes there sizes were /are 10,12,13, 14, and 16 with that weird cutout pad for the bass drum ...drums are deep as the toms/basses you mount them on.. i just hope we get an 8 ,,,oh and maybe an 18 .....(18's really not a necessity,but would round out that super kit feel ..lol.)
    my guess is these new drums either are e-pro live tru trac heads on a frame mount ,,,,like the Nfuzd audio drumpads ...from mapex, or they are pearls answer to the mesh head patent release ..and pearl has released there own version of the alesis strike . which would not be a surprise ..since the redbox unit ..is really not much more than an alesis dm-10 in a ....welll... a redbox .lol...which i think is still a great deal as the dm 10 is still a reliable module ..i think a smart e drum consumer and pearl e drummer would have both units (redbox, and mimic pro)
    regradless. i like the idea of pearl having a stand alone pad kit ...no longer do you have to attach the pearl pads to an existing kit .
    im hoping the new drums are not just mesh heads ..maybe some new take on yamaha's silicon pads ...which is supposed to be quieter and have a more ...likable (i hear) feel ..if not mesh heads will be cool to

but yeah chris ...i dont think anyone in the pro level , makes just a bunch of same sized pads anymore , if they want to be taken seriously in the e-drum market these days ..i mean,, you can find them ... but those kits are usually not regarded as top notch .. essentially theyre more for, if you wanna play rock band on the x box ...lol
    Last edited by 2 basses4life; 04-13-2018 at 01:48 AM.

9. Registered User

Lugs of the pads seems to have same lugs of the tom from "Pearl rythm traveler light":
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  35.2 KB

10. th droids yerlookn4

lol it kinda does