Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Registered User

I've always played 22s in the past, but I just got this '80-'81 G series maple kit with a 24x14 kick and I'm absolutely in love with it! I think the batter is an older Powerstroke 3 and the reso is a ported Remo but I forgot exactly which one. It's tuned pretty low, and has a small towel rolled up and placed where it's just touching the batter head. In my opinion it has the perfect balance of thuddy attack, and resonant boom. I mean it really has some balls to it! Definitely my new favorite kick size!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. Rockin' the Cosmos..

Quote Originally Posted by Austin-Fitz View Post
    the reso is a ported Remo but I forgot exactly which one. In my opinion it has the perfect balance of thuddy attack, and resonant boom. I mean it really has some balls to it! Definitely my new favorite kick size!
    reso looks like a smooth white PS3 .. 24x14 is my favorite kick size .. mine knock sh#t off shelves on the walls when I play .. I have mine tuned to a C# or D I think which is medium low but not JAW

Big and round with fat attack and punchy as a mutha' with a nice serving of boom to finish it off .. when I play I can feel the low end rumble through my buttt from throne .. haha

3. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BadAstronaut View Post
    reso looks like a smooth white PS3 .. 24x14 is my favorite kick size .. mine knock sh#t off shelves on the walls when I play .. I have mine tuned to a C# or D I think which is medium low but not JAW

Big and round with fat attack and punchy as a mutha' with a nice serving of boom to finish it off .. when I play I can feel the low end rumble through my buttt from throne .. haha
    I know exactly what you mean! I can't even begin to explain how awesome all of these G-series drums sound though. Best kit I've ever personally heard, hands down. Plus there's just something about the way the kit feels to play that's indescribable. The only word I can come up with is they just feel right!