Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. PDF 8a5h1ng T3am C4p

Quote Originally Posted by The Whale View Post
    An update. They still kick &$# and really come alive when you put a little love in to them. Really this little kit has some serious mojo!
    Looks like a kickin' little kit. I'd play it.

2. Registered User

You make a good point so certainly let me clarify I'm only talking about the drums. them. I could Of had the hardware and the cymbols but I told the guy to just keep them because they definitely are very basic but the drums blew me away.
    The heads are so good nowadays that most kits will sound fine with modern heads on them (especially 2-ply heads).
    2019 Masterworks / Matte Black

18x20 KD, 14x16 FT, 12x14 FT, 8x10 TT, 5x13 SD

2017 Masterworks Cocktail Kit / ES Comet Sparkle

16x16 KD (verticle), 4x10 SD, 6x8 TT, 5x12 TT

3. No Drum on Shabbas!!

Pearl's Wood Fiberglass kit gets my vote for their most "bang for your buck" type of kit. They are amazing!

DESPERATELY SEEKING A MHX BASS DRUM WITH A BB-3 TOM MOUNT IN WINE RED

4. I spell bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Big King View Post
    Pearl's Wood Fiberglass kit gets my vote for their most "bang for your buck" type of kit. They are amazing!
    They are very nice drums. But at that price point their are soooo many options. With the Roadshow you get the 3 pc with HH and a bass pedal and a cymbal boom arm. For about $300 bucks. That's crazy.... Crazy worth it! lol
    Nous sommes du soleil...
    We love when we play...

5. I spell bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    You got me... I'm unfamiliar with Pearl drum shells and hardware . Enjoy your kit.
    No one said or even suggested that. But it does seem like you may have simply dismissed this particular line simply based on perception and price point. I'm guessing many have. I know I did. I was looking for a Sonor Bop or Ludwig Breakbeats when someone offered me this. Only because of my love for Pearl did I even look at them. So glad I did. I think I'm going to buy one for my church to keep just so I don't have to transport mine back and forth. They are that affordable.
    Nous sommes du soleil...
    We love when we play...

6. Registered User

No one said or even suggested that. But it does seem like you may have simply dismissed this particular line simply based on perception and price point. I'm guessing many have. I know I did. I was looking for a Sonor Bop or Ludwig Breakbeats when someone offered me this. Only because of my love for Pearl did I even look at them. So glad I did. I think I'm going to buy one for my church to keep just so I don't have to transport mine back and forth. They are that affordable.
    Pride of ownership is important. Glad you love your new Pearl kit

7. Playing since 1976

Actually, you specifically suggested that I was unfamiliar with the Pearl Roadshow drums. I didn't dismiss your drums; I was disagreeing with your premise that the Roadshow was "second to none," in the lower-priced drum market. I also disagree with the the Roadshow being the most underrated. My vote for most underrated Pearl kit would be the new Session Studio Select. It will be overlooked by many drummers, while they are one of Pearl's best drum designs in a while.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

8. I spell bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    Actually, you specifically suggested that I was unfamiliar with the Pearl Roadshow drums. I didn't dismiss your drums; I was disagreeing with your premise that the Roadshow was "second to none," in the lower-priced drum market. I also disagree with the the Roadshow being the most underrated. My vote for most underrated Pearl kit would be the new Session Studio Select. It will be overlooked by many drummers, while they are one of Pearl's best drum designs in a while.
    I didn't say the second to none bit. Either way I still think these are the most under rated Pearls. Just my opinion.
    Nous sommes du soleil...
    We love when we play...

9. No Drum on Shabbas!!

They are very nice drums. But at that price point their are soooo many options. With the Roadshow you get the 3 pc with HH and a bass pedal and a cymbal boom arm. For about $300 bucks. That's crazy.... Crazy worth it! lol
    I'm confused now. You mentioned "underrated" in the title of this post. Underrated usually means great kits that seem to go unnoticed. As in no one buys them but they are great or amazing kits. So far... it seems that you are just talking about "best kit for the value." If that was true, then yeah... the Roadshow might win. So are we talking about "most underrated kits" or "best value kits?"

DESPERATELY SEEKING A MHX BASS DRUM WITH A BB-3 TOM MOUNT IN WINE RED

10. PDF 8a5h1ng T3am C4p

Quote Originally Posted by MusicMan View Post
    Pride of ownership is important. Glad you love your new Pearl kit
    Pride is a sin. Naughty MusicMan; say three "Hail Peart"s in penance.
    Last edited by Feenix; 04-19-2018 at 09:16 AM.

11. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Feenix View Post
    Pride is a sin. Naughty MusicMan; say their "Hail Peart"s in penance.
    LOL

12. I spell bad.

Update! I'm still in love with this little Road Pro. It's a total grove machine. Oh and it has gone blond to boot!
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by The Whale; 10-25-2018 at 04:43 AM.
    Nous sommes du soleil...
    We love when we play...