Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Skeld-the -wicked

I had a 5 pc MLX with the same finish . The snare was a FF . It was in excellent condition when I bought it for $750.00. 3 years back I sold it for $625.00. I listed it on CL for $ $850.00 for about 3 months. There was some interest but I got sick of the low ballers. Finally a collector bought it. At $2,000.00 it sounds fair with all the Hardware but we are talking about CL here .

Maybe this isn’t a fair comparison but I found my MMP 5 pc + 2 MMX matching toms & a set soft cases for $1,350.00 3 years ago . Good luck and that Dw kit is beautiful !
    6 pc Masters Premium Diamond Burst
    6 pc Masters MMX Midnight Purple Fade
    Sensitone nickel over Brass Snare.
    Zildjan As & Ks

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by melvinspeed View Post
    $1800/$2000 seems about right. Anyone offers above $1500 and you take it.

IMO, guys who are spending $3000 on a kit aren't going to buy used kit unless it's a collectible... and while the MLX are excellent kits (I have an MX, myself); they're not collectible.
    What Pearl Drum series would you classify as collectable? A drum set is worth what people are willing to pay, it is like anything on the market, you can ask whatever the hell you want however you will only get what someone is willing to pay for it and you would be willing to accept. I could ask 10 grand for a complete master series kit, that does not at it is worth 10 grand however if someone was to pay me 10 grand that means to say it has 10 grand in value to the person buying it...to others it may not be worth that much
    My wife says I am no longer permitted to buy any more drums...I said okay you cant buy any more shoes...we are presently at an impasse! I see drums...she sees shoes!

3. Registered User

I don't think any Pearl series are "collectibles".

I consider things like the Ludwig Top Hat and Cane kits or late 60's Rogers Holiday kits to be collectibles. I'm not aware Pearl has done anything on that level.

I'm well aware that the market determines price, not the seller. Not sure where you're going with all that.

4. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Scenaria View Post
    Already sold the kidney! I already have the DW in my will, im to be buried with it!
    " think we're going to need a bigger box!"

5. Rockin' the Cosmos..

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Sentiment View Post
    I'd say about $3000 for all of that.
    maybe if it was a Custom Z series in that condition .. that's about only Pearl series worth money to collectors .. but an MLX? .. that's too funny
    80's Pearl 'G' Maple in Emerald Forest Lacquer -10x8, 12x8, 14x10, 16x16, 18x16, 22x16, 24x14
    80's Pearl 'G' Maple in CherryRoseWine Lacquer -12x8, 13x9, 15x12, 16x14, 18x16, 24x14
    80's Pearl 'G' Maple in factory Walnut Lacquer - 14x10, 18x16, 22x14, 26x14
    PDP Birch - 10, 14, 22

6. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by Scenaria View Post
    I just simply wanted to change up my kit and downsize to something a little more compact. Theres nothing wrong with them, I bought them back in 1992 and I guess I ran into a midlife crisis wanting a new kit.

I ended up buying a DW collectors exotic series and need to recover some of
    The money spent

Attachment 508858
    That's a nice-looking kit! Beautiful finish!
    Anyone who owns a 14x6.5 Reference Snare OR a 14x5.5/6.5 Masters Premium Snare AND is interested in trading their chrome hardware for black hardware, PM me!

Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

7. Registered User

I sold my BLX in sheer blue a few years back. I sold each drum individually and this is and average of what each MLX/BLX drum goes for on eBay:

8" = $175
    10" = $150
    12" = $70
    13" = $75
    14" = $200
    16" = $100
    18" = $300
    22" = $125
    14" Snare = $150

8. Registered User

I would sell the 12", 13" 16" and 22" as a kit. I would sell the rest individually. I would also sell the cases, stands, and tom arms separately. This should get you the most money since there are always MLX owners looking for a matching snare, and special order size drums, like the 10", 14", and 18".