Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 253132333435
  1. Miles Gibbons

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Miles, that’s so cool!
    Thanks! I had a blast playing this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Feenix View Post
    Is that the show at Bridgeworks?
    Yeah! Have you played there? Cool spot.
    "I'm gonna sleep outside... it's like Earth here, except less pollution, and more moons"

2. Miles Gibbons

I never have good pictures of me taken, but I've had several this week. Lucky me ha ha!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "I'm gonna sleep outside... it's like Earth here, except less pollution, and more moons"

3. Registered Loser

Quote Originally Posted by MilesAway View Post
    Yeah! Have you played there? Cool spot.
    No, I've actually never been. Just been getting my finger back on the pulse of Hamilton's music scene since moving back out here a couple years ago. Can't go wrong with a Sonic Unyon venue, especially one tied up in a lot of the Supercrawl shows.

4. Miles Gibbons

Quote Originally Posted by Feenix View Post
    No, I've actually never been. Just been getting my finger back on the pulse of Hamilton's music scene since moving back out here a couple years ago. Can't go wrong with a Sonic Unyon venue, especially one tied up in a lot of the Supercrawl shows.
    Oh nice one! I didn't even realize Sonic Unyon was involved in\owned Bridgeworks until I played there last week, and saw some of their literature on the walls... I've played in Hamilton a few times since lockdown. Did a Tom Petty tribute thing at the Casbah, and have played a couple golf courses for weddings in the area. Bridgeworks was the first public show I've done in Hamilton for a couple years.

The first show I attended post-lockdown was at Absinthe; I saw Belvedere there a few months ago.

Whereabouts in Hamilton are you? I'm there every once in a while, either to play or to visit friends.
    Last edited by MilesAway; 11-26-2021 at 01:14 PM.

5. Drummer since 1963

Playing the Rebar by the Dam house kit last night near Percy Priest Lake in Nashville. DW Performance Series. Sounds good, difficult to tune like I've always found DW, unlike Pearl. I think last night was the 7th week of Shaun Murphy's Invitational Blues Jam. They contacted me Saturday night and gave me 6 songs to prep to play with her band.
    The first time I saw Shaun she was with Marci Levy singing back-up for Eric Clapton on the Behind the Sun Tour in the mid 1980's. I was already a huge Little Feat Fan when she joined the band in 1995 and was their lead vocalist for 15 years. All of that while being one of the 3 "chick singers" in Bob Seger's Silver Bullet Band. Huge night for me last night!
    Left to right: Kiran Gupta (The War and Treaty), Tommy Stilwell (The Beat Daddys), moi, Shaun, John Marcus (one of Tim McGraw's former Dance Hall Doctors), and Will McFarlane (The Swampers, Bonnie Raitt) who drove up from the Shoals as Shaun's special guest artist of the week:

Last edited by Ron Gerber; Yesterday at 06:45 PM.

6. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Gerber View Post
    Playing the Rebar by the Dam house kit last night near Percy Priest Lake in Nashville. DW Performance Series. Sounds good, difficult to tune like I've always found DW, unlike Pearl. I think last night was the 7th week of Shaun Murphy's Invitational Blues Jam. They contacted me Saturday night and gave me 6 songs to prep to play with her band.
    The first time I saw Shaun she was with Marci Levy singing back-up for Eric Clapton on the Behind the Sun Tour in the mid 1980's. I was already a huge Little Feat Fan when she joined the band in 1995 and was their lead vocalist for 15 years. All of that while being one of the 3 "chick singers" in Bob Seger's Silver Bullet Band. Huge night for me last night!
    Left to right: Kiran Gupta (The War and Treaty), Tommy Stilwell (The Beat Daddys), moi, Shaun, John Marcus (one of Tim McGraw's former Dance Hall Doctors), and Will McFarlane (The Swampers, Bonnie Raitt) who drove up from the Shoals as Shaun's special guest artist of the week:

Cool man!