Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Registered User

Default Closer to fruition

Been awhile working some details.

The gist of this is to eliminate the legs of stands and work from the floor up.

Have modified parts of an icon rack.

The cymbal stand on the right is still a work in progress but close also.

The snare is also leg less, although this pic doesn’t show.

The pic from today is a hybrid 4 piece - 22, 12 and 13 with a 14 snare
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. Registered User

Default Today's venture out

22 bass, 18 flr, 13 Tom

Leg less.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

3. The Hardware Guy

Very similar to the previous pic(s) you posted. But I think people want to see from the other side rather than see the same shots from this side.

PEARL CZX "CUSTOM Z" ALL MAPLE
    22", 22", 8", 10", 12", 13", 14", 16", 18"
    PICSPICS 2
    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”
    Click Here To Help My Next Epic Search Quest

4. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Thrush View Post
    Very similar to the previous pic(s) you posted. But I think people want to see from the other side rather than see the same shots from this side.
    I have given up.
    Pearl/Dixon/Paiste/LP/Remo/Pro-Mark 5ABN

5. The Hardware Guy

I'm not too fussed, I've already figured out how he's done it and what he's used, but it just seems odd to continually post almost identical pictures, or why/what the secrecy is

PEARL CZX "CUSTOM Z" ALL MAPLE
    22", 22", 8", 10", 12", 13", 14", 16", 18"
    PICSPICS 2
    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”
    Click Here To Help My Next Epic Search Quest

6. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by MattKeaton View Post
    I have given up.
    It looks simple. He is using Icon square legs, and attaching fabricated steel plates under the leg. The plate must go in a different direction from the rack leg, for support. It looks like he welded 7/8" tube to the bottom of these plates, so he could attach cymbal tubes to the plates, and mount the tom/snare. There is definitely some customization going on here. He's basically using he Neil Peart "click to the riser" concept, in a much more consolidated format. The only problem with that design is, drums seem to shake all over the place when they are connected to the floor.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

7. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    It looks simple. He is using Icon square legs, and attaching fabricated steel plates under the leg. The plate must go in a different direction from the rack leg, for support. It looks like he welded 7/8" tube to the bottom of these plates, so he could attach cymbal tubes to the plates, and mount the tom/snare. There is definitely some customization going on here. He's basically using he Neil Peart "click to the riser" concept, in a much more consolidated format. The only problem with that design is, drums seem to shake all over the place when they are connected to the floor.
    I am not confused by what is being done with the hardware. I am confused as to the approach being taken to present the concept. I think it's ridiculous and became tedious a long time ago.
    Pearl/Dixon/Paiste/LP/Remo/Pro-Mark 5ABN

8. NO KIT TOO BIG

I am not confused by what is being done with the hardware. I am confused as to the approach being taken to present the concept. I think it's ridiculous and became tedious a long time ago.
    It was presented as if it was a secretive new product, but its just a new interpretation of an existing product with a few mods, anyone could do it really. I think it was just a little over the top in the presentation, when people like D4L, or some of the other HW modders on here have presented it better, more of a step by step from the start, which I personally prefer. The secretive thing was just a bit out of the ordinary.
    Pearl, Natal, Ludwig, Tama, Slingerland, Premier Drums
    Zildjian, Sabian, Zyn Cymbals
    PEARL, LUDWIG, TAMA, NATAL and DW Snares
    Roland, Yamaha and Dauz Electronics, and loads of Percussion

4 Kits and 7 Snares, and I still don't have enough!

9. Playing since 1976

Got it... sorry!
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

10. Chomp, Chomp

I’m with you 100%. This isn’t middle school. Personally, I’m not fond of the look. It reminds me of one of those kids drumsets with everything hanging off of the bass drum. I don’t mind the looks of most tom mounts. As Matt pointed out, there’s gonna be a whole lotta shakin going on. I don’t know much about patent law, but I do know that you can’t combine existing products and call it something new. I hope he gets his patent. I’m just not sure if there’s a market for it.
    Drumming since 1961.
    MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Paiste Cymbals