Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 49 to 56 of 56
  1. NO KIT TOO BIG

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BernMann View Post
    Here's some more torturing.

    Eliminating cymbal stands.
    Once again, no need for the torturing, its just a bracket of some sort (likely Gibraltar) to attach cymbal arms to the rack, its nothing new. No need to be so secretive about it all, if you don't want others to see it, don't share it on the forum.
    Pearl, Natal, Ludwig, Tama, Slingerland, Premier Drums
    Zildjian, Sabian, Zyn Cymbals
    PEARL, LUDWIG, TAMA, YAMAHA, NATAL and DW Snares

    Roland, Dauz, FAT KAT and Koby Electronics, and loads of Percussion

    4 Kits and 8 Snares, and I still don't have enough!

  2. The Hardware Guy

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London-ish
    Posts
    14,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RushDrums24 View Post
    if you don't want others to see it, don't share it on the forum.

    PEARL CZX "CUSTOM Z" ALL MAPLE
    22", 22", 8", 10", 12", 13", 14", 16", 18"
    PICSPICS 2
    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”
    Click Here To Help My Next Epic Search Quest

  3. Chomp, Chomp

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    south florida
    Posts
    6,598

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RushDrums24 View Post
    Once again, no need for the torturing, its just a bracket of some sort (likely Gibraltar) to attach cymbal arms to the rack, its nothing new. No need to be so secretive about it all, if you don't want others to see it, don't share it on the forum.
    Very wise words from one of the youngans on the forum. The very fact that Bernie acknowledges his childish behavior by using the word ‘torturing’ shows his level of immaturity. Personally I think it looks ridiculous and stability has to be compromised. I’ll choose stability over some perceived good look any day.
    Drumming since 1961.
    Pearl MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Many Paiste Cymbals

    Tama SLP Fat Spruce 4 piece
    Zildjian K Custom Dark Cymbals

  4. Unban nik12

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Near Macon, GA
    Posts
    6,383

    Default

    I think it's kinda ugly and stupid that you don't wanna share what you're doing but if that's what gets your rocks off, have at it, buddy!

  5. NO KIT TOO BIG

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by quicksticks View Post
    Very wise words from one of the youngans on the forum. The very fact that Bernie acknowledges his childish behavior by using the word ‘torturing’ shows his level of immaturity. Personally I think it looks ridiculous and stability has to be compromised. I’ll choose stability over some perceived good look any day.
    Thank you, I agree, i've never thought anything wrong of stands, or conventional racks. It seems to me in the quest for hardware invisibility that the positioning and setup from a players point of view would be compromised. If theres an optimount in the way, you can't get the snare and hi tom as close together as (at least I) would like.
    Pearl, Natal, Ludwig, Tama, Slingerland, Premier Drums
    Zildjian, Sabian, Zyn Cymbals
    PEARL, LUDWIG, TAMA, YAMAHA, NATAL and DW Snares

    Roland, Dauz, FAT KAT and Koby Electronics, and loads of Percussion

    4 Kits and 8 Snares, and I still don't have enough!

  6. Registered User

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    37

    Default

    The posted topic here was intended to gather feedback on if seeing more of the drums and less of cymbal stands and legs really mattered to others.
    Of course the major priority is that the concept WOULD NOT interfere with playing them. (1)

    I'll be opening a new thread in the HARDWARE section to focus on that.

    P.S. the mounting (1) has evolved over time.

  7. J-Con

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    2,547

    Default

    I just don't get it dude...

    Also, does seeing less stands and more of the drums matter? To who? I mean personally I'd rather see stands than whatever this thing is... it just looks sloppy.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  8. Registered User

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Good observation of a work in progress.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •