Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Registered User

I definitely have a problem but wanted to make my first post by saying I just ordered a 3pc set in Absinthe Sparkle!

22x16, 12x8 & 16x16 and Sam Ash threw in a 14x8 Utility snare gratis!

Should be here on Thursday. I'll post pics and tell my tale...

2. Registered User

Awesome, Love my kit. You wont be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by IronHeadSlim View Post
    I definitely have a problem but wanted to make my first post by saying I just ordered a 3pc set in Absinthe Sparkle!

22x16, 12x8 & 16x16 and Sam Ash threw in a 14x8 Utility snare gratis!

Should be here on Thursday. I'll post pics and tell my tale...

3. Registered User

Thanks, AFuller! At the risk of hijacking the thread I will say that my particular "problem" is that at the age of 60 I am going to learn to play the drums and I fell in love with the Absinthe Sparkle Masters Maple so that is going to be my first kit. I am probably going to ask a lot of questions.

I don't have hardware yet and have to clear out the spare bedroom to set it up. Here is a crappy first pic. I will take more with a better camera when set up. The Pearl Absinthe Sparkle is so much better in real life than pictures as I was sure it would be!

My wife and I lead worship at our church's early service. She sings and I play guitar. I have a burning desire to learn drums now though too.

Name:  IMG_0172.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  63.1 KB

4. ATTACK!

is the absinthe finish the same as the shimmer of oz finish? or is it a bit brighter of a green?

5. Registered User

AL said it is the same but no gold specks in the Absinthe that are in the Shimmer of Oz. The Absinthe is all green and silver. At some angles the green is pale and silvery and then move around and the green really shows up. The lacquer is very deep and thick with specks.

Quote Originally Posted by truckfighters View Post
    is the absinthe finish the same as the shimmer of oz finish? or is it a bit brighter of a green?

6. Registered User

Awesome, Great pick for a first kit! Enjoy them!!

Quote Originally Posted by IronHeadSlim View Post
    Thanks, AFuller! At the risk of hijacking the thread I will say that my particular "problem" is that at the age of 60 I am going to learn to play the drums and I fell in love with the Absinthe Sparkle Masters Maple so that is going to be my first kit. I am probably going to ask a lot of questions.

I don't have hardware yet and have to clear out the spare bedroom to set it up. Here is a crappy first pic. I will take more with a better camera when set up. The Pearl Absinthe Sparkle is so much better in real life than pictures as I was sure it would be!

My wife and I lead worship at our church's early service. She sings and I play guitar. I have a burning desire to learn drums now though too.

Name:  IMG_0172.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  63.1 KB

7. PDF 8a5h1ng T3am C4p

I was a huge fan of Shimmer of Oz, so of course the Absinthe Sparkle is down right hawt too. I see no problems here at all, you lucky pug, you.

8. bangin since '95

I'm eyeing that Bombay Gold. I almost bought one when I was in the market for another kit. Pearl did a really good job with these. I haven't really been happy with Masters drums ever since they got rid of the original rectangle badged drums in 2007, but I'm actually liking these a lot more, especially for the price.
    Tama Starclassic Bubinga in Satin Aztec Gold Metallic -Sabian Cymbals-Pro-Mark Sticks-Remo Drumheads

9. Looks That Kill

I joined the club this week! ordered 2 kits, one in the matte natural and the other in Bombay Sparkle
    Pearl Masters Maple Complete Bombay Sparkle
    Pearl Masters Maple Complete Matte Natural
    Yamaha Live Oak Amber Shadow Sunburst
    Yamaha Stage Custom Birch Natural
    Yamaha Stage Custom Birch Raven Black