Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Registered User

Ok, go ahead and call me crazy (my wife does) but as some of you know, I recently sold my 8 piece double kick MCX kit (mocha Tamo) as I am about to order a new MRV kit next week. While scrolling the Internet I ran across this new in the box MCX kit at an absolute steal of a deal and just couldn't say no. There are things about the MCX that I loved but also things about it that I wish were different but there's no denying the fact that the MCX is a quality workhorse of a kit inside and out. I'll use these as a gigging kit as the new MRV will stay home in the studio once they arrive. As usual, pictures never seem to do the finish justice as this vintage wine is absolutely stunning. Needless to say, I'll be on the lookout for a matching 6.5x14 MCX snare and possibly a 14x14 ft....I've been having problems posting several pics at once so I may have to post one pic per post, we'll see what happens... 22x18 10x8 12x9 16x16 P.S. Shout out to Drum center of Portsmouth as I've never been treated better anywhere as a customer than by these guys.. Ordered the kit on Wed. And they arrived way down here in Alabama less than 48 hrs. later on Friday. Great guys to deal with! Name:  image-3762012576.jpg
Views: 572
Size:  454.5 KB Name:  image-1659934692.jpg
Views: 558
Size:  73.4 KB Name:  image-1916103743.jpg
Views: 559
Size:  85.9 KB Name:  image-218378897.jpg
Views: 603
Size:  77.1 KB
    Last edited by Master88; 02-13-2018 at 05:26 PM.

2. Registered User

Killer drums, man! They are very pretty and as you know the MCX packs a warm punch. The 14x14 FT is a must have.

3. A Passion Play ...

Nice to hear the MCX still has some people around that enjoy the series. Great kit. How much did you pay ??
    Eric G : Pearl,pAiSTe,Remo,Vic Firth,SKB,Roc n Soc,Roland V-Drums. Masters MCX Chestnut fade.
    22"x18",10"x8",12"x9",16"x16". Ian Paice Snare. Why not ...

4. Registered User

Agreed.
    Get a 14x14 ASAP!
    I also have a Pearl set in #280. Not sure I'd have anything else. Love it.
    Really keen to hear your kit. Will you get a recording of it that can be shared?
    Pearl/Dixon/Paiste/LP/Remo/Pro-Mark 5ABN

5. Registered User

Thanks,...Yeah, I had a 14x14ft with my last MCX kit, in fact I had it special ordered from Pearl in Mocha Tamo to match the last kit. Even tho I liked it I'm still not sure if I'll add one to this kit since I'll be gigging with it and really don't need another drum to lug around. I'm hoping to get them set up this weekend and re-head the tom batters with clear G2's. I'll leave the stock ambassador reso's on for now and put an Emad2 on the kick as I had on my last MCX. I'll try to get them recorded next week. I gave $1099 for the shells, which for an unopened new kit, I thought was an awesome price since all the other MCX kits I've seen were $1200-$1500 for a 4 piece shell pack. I wasn't really in the market for another MCX kit but.... You know how it goes with musicians :-)

6. Looks That Kill

Nice score man, I love DCP and live close enough to drive to the shop. Great guys to deal with and good people all around. They also have screaming deals on the Mapex Saturn kits too.
    DW Collectors Birch Satin Oil Natural
    Pearl Masters Maple Complete Matte Black
    Yamaha Stage Custom Birch Raven Black
    Yamaha Stage Custom Birch Honey Amber

7. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Master88 View Post
    Thanks,...Yeah, I had a 14x14ft with my last MCX kit, in fact I had it special ordered from Pearl in Mocha Tamo to match the last kit. Even tho I liked it I'm still not sure if I'll add one to this kit since I'll be gigging with it and really don't need another drum to lug around. I'm hoping to get them set up this weekend and re-head the tom batters with clear G2's. I'll leave the stock ambassador reso's on for now and put an Emad2 on the kick as I had on my last MCX. I'll try to get them recorded next week. I gave $1099 for the shells, which for an unopened new kit, I thought was an awesome price since all the other MCX kits I've seen were $1200-$1500 for a 4 piece shell pack. I wasn't really in the market for another MCX kit but.... You know how it goes with musicians :-)
    Oh yes. Of course. I actually only gigged with a four piece
    Pearl/Dixon/Paiste/LP/Remo/Pro-Mark 5ABN

8. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by CUZNRED View Post
    Nice score man, I love DCP and live close enough to drive to the shop. Great guys to deal with and good people all around. They also have screaming deals on the Mapex Saturn kits too.
    They were a pleasure to deal with. I one day hope to get up there to see their store.. Great people for sure!

9. Registered User

I Will definitely be on the lookout for a 6.5x14 matching MCX snare. If all else fails I might settle for the natural Birdseye maple finish if I can't find a matching Vintage Wine snare. The 6.5 x14 MCX snare records so well and has a good crack with good bottom end depth.

10. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by Master88 View Post
    Ok, go ahead and call me crazy (my wife does) but as some of you know, I recently sold my 8 piece double kick MCX kit (mocha Tamo) as I am about to order a new MRV kit next week. While scrolling the Internet I ran across this new in the box MCX kit at an absolute steal of a deal and just couldn't say no. There are things about the MCX that I loved but also things about it that I wish were different but there's no denying the fact that the MCX is a quality workhorse of a kit inside and out. I'll use these as a gigging kit as the new MRV will stay home in the studio once they arrive. As usual, pictures never seem to do the finish justice as this vintage wine is absolutely stunning. Needless to say, I'll be on the lookout for a matching 6.5x14 MCX snare and possibly a 14x14 ft....I've been having problems posting several pics at once so I may have to post one pic per post, we'll see what happens... 22x18 10x8 12x9 16x16 P.S. Shout out to Drum center of Portsmouth as I've never been treated better anywhere as a customer than by these guys.. Ordered the kit on Wed. And they arrived way down here in Alabama less than 48 hrs. later on Friday. Great guys to deal with! Name:  image-3762012576.jpg
Views: 572
Size:  454.5 KB Name:  image-1659934692.jpg
Views: 558
Size:  73.4 KB Name:  image-1916103743.jpg
Views: 559
Size:  85.9 KB Name:  image-218378897.jpg
Views: 603
Size:  77.1 KB
    Very nice find, and +1 for Shane and Tony at DCOP. They have helped me get several parts and other gear over the years!
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

11. Bad Girlfriend

Love your Wine Red MCX! Of course by now you know that Red Pearl Drum Kits Sound Best!

I special ordered my matching #407 Red Glass Glitter Snare from Interstate Music.com. It was worth the wait.
    PEARL DRUMS
    MCX RED GLASS 22" X 18," 14" x 6.5", 10" X 8", 12" X 9", 14" x 11", 16" X 14", 18" x 16", and Sabians
    My Kit; http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/at...8&d=1290113760

MASTERS ARMY

12. Registered User

Great deal and great snag. I'm sure they will serve you well.
    Pearl Masters Maple Complete Vermillion Sparkle
    8X8 10X9 12X9 16X16 22X18
    PAISTE Signatures / Aquarian heads / ProMark sticks