Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Yes, THAT FlashBazbo!

Default The wait begins . . .

Today, I placed an order for my first non-Reference, non-Reference Pure kit since before Reference drums hit the market! It's a MCC Masters Maple Reserve in black diamond finish. Just a 3-pc. shell pack, for a change. I've played drums for 45 years (Can it REALLY be 45 years?) and I've NEVER owned an all-maple kit. Reference/Reference Pure mixes. Ancient Session mixes. Gretsch mahogany kits. Junk wood mixes of various brands. Even an early 70's era Ludwig Standard mystery composite kit. But never maple. Very much looking forward to it!

Still waiting for my ETA . . . .
    FlashBazbo

2. Registered User

Congrats. Expecting pictures from shipping boxes to set up!

3. Away From The World

Well done sir, I trust you will enjoy.

My all maple MCX still does it for me.

Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
    8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 20x14G | 22x18

4. Yes, THAT FlashBazbo!

Just received my ETA. Granted that it's only an estimate . . . and further granted that the distance from the factory to the shop is about a 10 minute drive . . . but, wow! (You don't think my wife would mind if I drove to pick up my new drums on Valentine's Day after work, instead of going to dinner with her, do you?)
    FlashBazbo

5. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBazbo View Post
    Just received my ETA. Granted that it's only an estimate . . . and further granted that the distance from the factory to the shop is about a 10 minute drive . . . but, wow! (You don't think my wife would mind if I drove to pick up my new drums on Valentine's Day after work, instead of going to dinner with her, do you?)
    Not at all.

Lock it in.
    Pearl/Dixon/Paiste/LP/Remo/Pro-Mark 5ABN

6. Registered User

(You don't think my wife would mind if I drove to pick up my new drums on Valentine's Day after work, instead of going to dinner with her, do you?)
    Yeah mine would, I wouldn't chance it...LOL...who knows maybe she doesn't care at all, I don't know.
    But congrats on your coming kit, sounds exciting. The Black Diamond wrap should look tough.
    Pearl Masters Maple Complete Vermillion Sparkle
    8X8 10X9 12X9 16X16 22X18
    PAISTE Signatures / Aquarian heads / ProMark sticks

7. Registered User

I was only messing with you.

She will cut your balls off.
    Pearl/Dixon/Paiste/LP/Remo/Pro-Mark 5ABN

8. Chomp, Chomp

Let me see if I understand the whole situation. You live in Nashville just minutes away from where Pearl will be assembling your beautiful new drums. Now because these are being assembled in Nashville, your wait has been weeks, not months. The fact that you would even consider placing your interests ahead of your wife on Valentine’s Day is puzzling. Drums are just that, drums. They’re chunks of wood and metal. As much as you will love them, they will never love you back. Also, if you don’t want to be singing soprano for the rest of your life, take your wife out and AFTER dinner you can tell her that you love her so much that you put being with her ahead of your new drums. I bet your evening gets even better and you’ll have your drums one day later.
    Drumming since 1961.
    Pearl MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Many Paiste Cymbals

Tama SLP Fat Spruce 4 piece
    Zildjian K Custom Dark Cymbals

9. Yes, THAT FlashBazbo!

I was just joking, everyone. Before this goes much farther . . . My wife and I are doing Valentine's Day the Saturday before, anyway. She will be in jail on Valentine's Day. (She does ministry to women in jail on Wednesday evenings.)
    FlashBazbo

10. Chomp, Chomp

I was just joking, everyone. Before this goes much farther . . . My wife and I are doing Valentine's Day the Saturday before, anyway. She will be in jail on Valentine's Day. (She does ministry to women in jail on Wednesday evenings.)
    Enjoy your new drums and your wife. She sounds like a very noble individual.
    Drumming since 1961.
    Pearl MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Many Paiste Cymbals

Tama SLP Fat Spruce 4 piece
    Zildjian K Custom Dark Cymbals

11. Pearl Masters Drummer

you're going to love the way you sound : )

12. Registered User

This thread made my day start off with a smile NEW DRUMS and a very understanding wife
    Session prestige select 14x 12 tom Shell with badge Teal available

Diamond Burst MMX 4 Sale Black hardware 12,14,16,22 PM