Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Registered User

Default Modern Drummer magazines

Hi everyone,
    So I have 20+ years of Modern Drummer magazines,1989-2010, and I donít know what to do with them. Iím in need of some closet space and they take up a lot of room.
    I was thinking about keeping a few issues for sentimental reasons and ditching the rest. Any suggestions other than just throwing them away?
    Thanks!

2. Registered User

Donate them to a library.

3. Registered User

High school band room!

4. A Passion Play ...

Hospital waiting rooms. Local kids club. All the schools.
    Eric G : Pearl,pAiSTe,Remo,Vic Firth,SKB,Roc n Soc,Roland V-Drums. Masters MCX Chestnut fade.
    22"x18",10"x8",12"x9",16"x16". Ian Paice Snare. Why not ...

5. Registered User

Don't get rid of them. That's my answer. HaHa.

I wish I had all my back issues from those days. I still read my few old issues from the 80s.

Otherwise I'd say if you must, the above suggestions are good. Just ask for a little reassurance the receiving party would put them to use. I've seen libraries toss hundreds of periodicals in great shape into a garbage while others at least put them on a table with a sign inviting people to take them. Shame if they just got tossed.

6. Registered User

Recycle them.
    I was in the same boat when my wife and I split up. Had a least 10 years worth and just hauled them to the recycling center. Few I wish I still had, but I really don't miss the clutter.

MD did a CD set years back with issues on them Some sort of on line viewing of all the back issues would be nice.

7. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by shawbone View Post
    Hi everyone,
    So I have 20+ years of Modern Drummer magazines,1989-2010, and I don’t know what to do with them. I’m in need of some closet space and they take up a lot of room.
    I was thinking about keeping a few issues for sentimental reasons and ditching the rest. Any suggestions other than just throwing them away?
    Thanks!
    Recycle all of the issues, EXCEPT September 2003, July 2007, and January 2009... see if you can figure out why?
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

8. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    Recycle all of the issues, EXCEPT September 2003, July 2007, and January 2009... see if you can figure out why?
    If you are in them, you must share here!

9. Registered User

Thanks for all the ideas. I have a feeling the doctors office and library will just throw them away. It’s too specific of an interest for most people. D4L, I’ll save you those issues. There’s also an ‘89 with him I think

10. Registered User

Thanks for all the ideas. I have a feeling the doctors office and library will just throw them away. It’s too specific of an interest for most people. D4L, I’ll save you those issues. There’s also an ‘89 with him I think
    That's why I say a high school band room. The mags in a doctor office reflect the doctors interest.

Field & Stream = dead deer mounted on the wall

Car & Driver = he rolling in a Porsche

Golf Digest = he's close to retirement.

I have a bunch of Sport Illustrated I'm gonna give the coaches at the local High.

11. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    I cant.
    Way Too Much Crap

12. Registered User

Thanks for all the ideas. I have a feeling the doctors office and library will just throw them away. Itís too specific of an interest for most people. D4L, Iíll save you those issues. Thereís also an Ď89 with him I think
    Did you get my PM?