Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Registered User

Share some pictures of your kit. No need for personal info. Many times on here people ask " where you live?" Because there's a chance there is someone close ( like a drum shop ) to help you with your drum problems. Or it clarifies your shipping options. That's all.

There are times on FB that I wish I didn't know some if the people I know!

I've been on tape doing stupid stuff too. Thank god no one owns a VCR anymore.

As far as your " FRIENDS " posting stuff where your boss could possibly see it...that's not cool and they're probably not very good friends.

My 24 year old son deleted his FB account because he didn't want old college buddies posting party pictures with him tagged in it, now that he's in the work force.

Not that they did and not that he's worried about past experiences. More that it only takes one picture with a red solo cup in your hand & now your the biggest party animal ever.

And then your co workers are like....QUESTIONS!

2. Chomp, Chomp

Quote Originally Posted by WhatIsIt View Post
    Please let me clarify something. I'm not trying to mislead or DECEIVE people, that's a strong word. I haven't started any account specifically to do that. I think I already said this, but it's purely that I'm being VAGUE about things that are not relevant to whatever is being discussed. That's all it is. I really don't understand why that is offensive to you.

I'm new to this forum, so what? What's wrong with asking technical questions about a Pearl set that I own, on the Pearl Drummers Forum?

Does anyone then think I now feel more like being open about myself when I get hostile responses and people telling me I'm 'irksome' and annoying? For what it's worth, I've had no bad intentions toward anyone here. None whatsoever.
    “What you'd find on my Facebook page is not "the real me" but I meant it to be that way.”

First of all, this is the perfect place to ask drum related question. When I asked you where you live, I did so to possibly help you as The Rocker stated. Instead, I received a rather paranoid rant. My response was hardly hostile. With regards to your Facebook page, I’m just quoting you. Maybe I’m just an old fart with old values and principles, but I don’t understand why you would bother to have a FB account if it’s not the “real”you.
    Drumming since 1961.
    MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Paiste Cymbals

3. Registered User

I posted this on another thread a while back, but here's a picture of my Decade set right after I had got it and quickly set it up to try it out.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2ezh268.jpg

And here's an old picture (09 or 10) of my MLX set when I decided to experiment with the setup:

Name:  mlx_old_left.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  103.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by quicksticks View Post
    “What you'd find on my Facebook page is not "the real me" but I meant it to be that way.”

First of all, this is the perfect place to ask drum related question. When I asked you where you live, I did so to possibly help you as The Rocker stated. Instead, I received a rather paranoid rant. My response was hardly hostile. With regards to your Facebook page, I’m just quoting you. Maybe I’m just an old fart with old values and principles, but I don’t understand why you would bother to have a FB account if it’s not the “real”you.
    You weren't hostile, it was someone else who was annoyed by my asking "detailed engineering questions" about my "entry level set". What comes to that whole Facebook thing, I'd stress the "What you WOULD" find part of what I said. I use Facebook to communicate with my friends, and I don't post "misleading and deceiving" (or any) information about anything to the PUBLIC there. If you were my friend on Facebook, you WOULD probably be confused about my updates because you don't know me. That's all I meant.
    Last edited by WhatIsIt; 01-09-2018 at 04:22 PM.

4. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by therocker View Post
    Share some pictures of your kit. No need for personal info. Many times on here people ask " where you live?" Because there's a chance there is someone close ( like a drum shop ) to help you with your drum problems. Or it clarifies your shipping options. That's all.

There are times on FB that I wish I didn't know some if the people I know!

I've been on tape doing stupid stuff too. Thank god no one owns a VCR anymore.

As far as your " FRIENDS " posting stuff where your boss could possibly see it...that's not cool and they're probably not very good friends.

My 24 year old son deleted his FB account because he didn't want old college buddies posting party pictures with him tagged in it, now that he's in the work force.

Not that they did and not that he's worried about past experiences. More that it only takes one picture with a red solo cup in your hand & now your the biggest party animal ever.

And then your co workers are like....QUESTIONS!
    I neglected to say to you: thank you. Thank you for being understanding, I really do appreciate it.

I already explained, in too much detail, exactly why I want to be as vague as I am being online, including this forum. I'm very sure a lot of other people can understand where I'm coming from, and I HOPE it's clear that it's nothing specifically against you guys here. Like you said, no need for personal info. That I absolutely agree with, especially right here and right now.