Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. life start at 125bpm

woaw.. this close pic enhance the red sparkles....what a nice finish.pinstripes aren't for everyone. i'm also an aquarian fan ,but there's no stores stocking their different lines close to me. i 've played 2 plies heads for decades while now i'm back with remo black suedes single ply heads . i'm getting a better rebound while the trade is of course a little more muffling. however i now muffle my drums with cotton balls inside the shell and it works pretty good. it kind of leaves the drum resonate for a second before the muffling effect kicks in. a nice find that works great for me. with 1 ply heads you get more lattitude as how much '''cut-focus ''' you need or want for your drums.

very nice kit you got there. you must be a very happy camper haha. pearl provides the very best customer service . the MCX series is probably the best bang for the buck in the pearl line up. it is said that the complete shells are supposedly 28% thinner than any other master shells, but you stated that they're quite heavy . and your short review kind of connect with pearl advertizing about the enhanced resonnace of this specific shell....well done pearl!! i wonder how their 2.3 mill flanged hoops will last on the long run...especially for a player who rimshot the lower FT's.

as you said the star cast mounts is probably one of the best and solid mounts onn the market ,but the pearl omni mount system isn't bad at all,just different .

just a question: is VERMILLON SPARKLE is closer in ''tone'' to red,or tangy red? from the last pic you posted it looks like an in between ,a mix of red-tangy......maybe the pic is giving this impression though.....
    Last edited by rollracer; 12-15-2017 at 07:40 PM.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    just a question: is VERMILLON SPARKLE is closer in ''tone'' to red,or tangy red? from the last pic you posted it looks like an in between ,a mix of red-tangy......maybe the pic is giving this impression though.....

I was semi close to a window on that close up and that was just a little natural light at the right angle producing that "tanginess" in the red. I don't see that all in the general observation. In normal room lighting to me I'd call it "candy apple" red. But I haven't set up in the sun yet either so......................but quality is great. I remember when I unboxed those B/B's in 2010 in Indigo Sparkle, I was soooooo disappointed, and those Bubinga's you could almost see the background of the flakes. I'm super happy with this color and the workmanship of the sparkle.
    Pearl Masters Maple Complete Vermillion Sparkle
    8X8 10X9 12X9 16X16 22X18
    PAISTE Signatures / Aquarian heads / ProMark sticks

3. Registered User

They look great I had a 2nd look at those and wanted to ask did you order ea drum? or a shell pack with those sizes and added extra's. They look awesome
    Session prestige select 14x 12 tom Shell with badge Teal available

Diamond Burst MMX 4 Sale Black hardware 12,14,16,22 PM

4. Registered User

And Yes Nova Please Chime in
    Session prestige select 14x 12 tom Shell with badge Teal available

Diamond Burst MMX 4 Sale Black hardware 12,14,16,22 PM

5. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by richie rich View Post
    They look great I had a 2nd look at those and wanted to ask did you order ea drum? or a shell pack with those sizes and added extra's. They look awesome
    Forks' Drum Closet procured each drum for me. They were in stock in the U.S. He had to call on his connection at the warehouse in PA for some of them.
    I wanted a 16X14 FT but that wasn't happening except on a slow boat from China.

6. A Passion Play ...

Great drums. They look sharp with the Opta mounts instead of the older Optis.
    Eric G : Pearl,pAiSTe,Remo,Vic Firth,SKB,Roc n Soc,Roland V-Drums. Masters MCX Chestnut fade.
    22"x18",10"x8",12"x9",16"x16". Ian Paice Snare. Why not ...

7. The Paiste Vault

Sweet sweet kit!

8. Registered User

Got my 8X8 in. Got some of the cymbals set up. Been having to help build ginger houses and all else that goes along with children's Christmas.
    This tom mount on the cymbal stand isn't working for me too good. Guess I need just a single tom stand...dunno.
    I put some EC Resonant heads on and they made a difference. Still deciding on batters.

Name:  20171221_093828.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  107.3 KB
    Name:  20171221_094451.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  101.1 KB
    Name:  20171221_093842.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  90.8 KB
    Name:  20171221_093857.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  77.7 KB

9. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by killerkick View Post
    This tom mount on the cymbal stand isn't working for me too good. Guess I need just a single tom stand...dunno.

Name:  20171221_093842.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  90.8 KB
    That UX-80 is not really meant to be used that way, especially since your cymbal stand is so close to the bass drum that you can't rotate the tripod base of the cymbal stand into a better position to support the tom. You could try to use the same kind of hardware you're using with your small toms, but instead of two toms, you can mount the 12" tom, and a cymbal in the other clamp for balance.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

10. Registered User

Kinda sorta near Pittsburgh (right at the tristate area)

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    That UX-80 is not really meant to be used that way, especially since your cymbal stand is so close to the bass drum that you can't rotate the tripod base of the cymbal stand into a better position to support the tom. You could try to use the same kind of hardware you're using with your small toms, but instead of two toms, you can mount the 12" tom, and a cymbal in the other clamp for balance.
    I would also take that pearl triple clamp (I don't know part numbers) that is holding the 8 and 10 to a stand and put it on the cymbal stand behind it, move it in and adjust the boom to put the cymbal where it was. eliminates a set of legs. Also he might be able to get away with like you are suggesting Matt, take another triple clamp off of that cymbal stand and boom his ride off it (my ride almost always lives on a boom clamp)

11. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions but what is the correct positioning of the UX-80? Needless to say I am a little anxious the way it sits over the kick. I certainly like your other idea of the triple clamp on a cymbal stand so I guess I will have to buy a single 4" tom arm for that idea.

12. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fuller89 View Post
    I would also take that pearl triple clamp (I don't know part numbers) that is holding the 8 and 10 to a stand and put it on the cymbal stand behind it, move it in and adjust the boom to put the cymbal where it was. eliminates a set of legs. Also he might be able to get away with like you are suggesting Matt, take another triple clamp off of that cymbal stand and boom his ride off it (my ride almost always lives on a boom clamp)
    Absolutely gonna get rid of the extra set of legs....man, Christmas has me brain dead !!