Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Registered User

Default Back Home to Momma's Apple Pie

Just wanted to say hello to everyone. It's been a while since I posted on the Forum. I sit here this morning in anxious anticipation because I have received a text from FedEx that my signature will be required for the delivery of my new kit. So I took the day off work and am nervous hoping all arrive in good condition. I haven't owned a Pearl kit since 2005. I used to frequent the Forum a lot back in the day under this moniker, and AL was kind enough to restore it, since my most recent handle was TamaTodd. And that wasn't gonna do with me coming back to the fold of "the best reason to play drums".
    I bought my first professional Pearl kit around 1993, a red MLX, then an Amber Mist MMX in 1996, then a Diamond Burst MMX kit in early 2003. For some reason I went to Tama in 2005 with a Japanese made maple EFX (a wrap) in Red Silk, then a Tama Birch Bubinga in Indigo Sparkle in 2010. Then a Tama Starclassic Bubinga in Gold Rush Sparkle in 2014. So many different reasons I have traded drums through the years and a lot of regret about not keeping some of those kits, notably the Amber Mist MMX from 96'.
    And here I sit today coming back home to Momma's apple pie as Calvin has said waiting on my Pearl Masters Complete in Vermillion Sparkle to be delivered. Tama's maple was good, the Birch/Bubinga was good, the Bubinga's were good, but I just wanted to come back home to maple and this kit was all the money I wanted to spend. Anyway hello to all, you seem like a good bunch of folks from what I've read trying to catch up.
    Pearl Masters Maple Complete Vermillion Sparkle
    8X8 10X9 12X9 16X16 22X18
    PAISTE Signatures / Aquarian heads / ProMark sticks

2. Registered User

Kinda sorta near Pittsburgh (right at the tristate area)

welcome back (to the forum and pearl )! Pics AS SOON AS YOU OPEN THE BOXES!!!!!!

3. A Passion Play ...

Welcome back for sure. The excitement builds. Pictures ASAP please.
    Eric G : Pearl,pAiSTe,Remo,Vic Firth,SKB,Roc n Soc,Roland V-Drums. Masters MCX Chestnut fade.
    22"x18",10"x8",12"x9",16"x16". Ian Paice Snare. Why not ...

4. Registered User

Congrats on the Pearls and welcome back!

5. Registered User

Welcome Back and the New masters sounds great post pics
    Session prestige select 14x 12 tom Shell with badge Teal available

Diamond Burst MMX 4 Sale Black hardware 12,14,16,22 PM

6. Registered User

Love those sets on the sample vids. So good.
    Pearl/Dixon/Paiste/LP/Remo/Pro-Mark 5ABN

7. Thwunk

Woohoo! Sounds great, would love to see it
    HHX hats, K crashes, K & Bosphorus rides
    Snares: Yamaha Bamboo Custom 5.5x14 / Ludwig Black Beauty 5x14, COB Supraphonic 6.5x14 / Pearl Mahogany Classic Limited Edition / Sonor D505
    Pearl Reference Pure (matte walnut) / SonorLite (Scandinavian birch)

8. life start at 125bpm

welcome back. drumming isn't a curable illness. can't wait to see some pics of your new pearl kit.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

9. Registered User

Here are some starter pics. Been a busy week, and I have decided the 13X10 tom is not working for me so I'm going back to an 8, waiting on that.
    Thanks for all the "welcome backs".
    Name:  20171213_102854.jpg
Views: 778
Size:  58.7 KB
    Name:  20171213_103959.jpg
Views: 770
Size:  77.8 KB
    Name:  20171213_124458.jpg
Views: 784
Size:  108.5 KB

10. life start at 125bpm

woohoo! nice sparkling red drums...i don't dislike those mounts. seems like they comes with some pinstripes alike heads, at least on the FT ?

where is nova!!
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

11. Registered User

Just a short review from what little I've got to bang on them and observations. They are loud, really open, just fat sounding but warm. Gonna have to pony up more money and get rid of the stock heads. Really would like a non-ported white American made resonant kick head.
    These drums aren't lite. I thought I could settle for less and bought a used Gretsch set of Renowns before this purchase and I couldn't believe how lite the toms were. These aren't. Not as heavy as the Bubinga's of course but not far off. But I guess this mounting system adds some extra weight. I must say I do miss the mounting system on the Tama's but this is cool.
    The finish is AWESOME. Just what I wanted. This lacquer sparkle hands down is better than Tama's B/B 2010 model I had and even the 2014 Bubinga sparkle..IMHO. Even the blue in the badge doesn't look bad with this red.

12. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    woohoo! nice sparkling red drums...i don't dislike those mounts. seems like they comes with some pinstripes alike heads, at least on the FT ?

where is nova!!
    I put an Aquarian 2 ply head I had laying around on that floor tom, the Chinese pinstripe was not working. I really wanted a 16X14 FT, but patience is not a strong virtue for me.

Name:  20171213_112653 - Copy.jpg
Views: 626
Size:  133.1 KB