Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. Registered User

Default Help me fix my Eliminator, please!!

Hi, I've got an Elim double pedal since like 2005. The thing's worked perfectly fine since then until today. I noticed the left pedal was being weird and some annoying squeaking, which didn't happen the last time I used it for reahersal on Saturday and then I stored it on it's bag/case to bring it back home.
    After some inspection I found where the noise was coming from and it was on the Uni-Lock Beater Angle Adjustment part (DC-396NAL). I unscrewed the drum key bolt to remove it and the problem was on the little moving part that holds the spring. It wasn't smooth as it's always been, so I decided to remove the allen screw holding that piece and I found the bearing that goes in it was damaged.
    What I'd like to know is if anynoe knows what type of bearing it could be so I can get a new one and replace the old one with it, because in my country it is impossible to get the part from the spare parts catalog. The don't even sell the belt for the Eliminator, so needless to say about a piece like this. Also I'd like to try changing the bearing before considering buying the part because it may be a lot less money for it.
    I hope someone can help as soon as possible because it's the only double pedal I have, and I use it pretty often and is also one of my most beloved pieces of gear.

UPDATE: Problem solved, got the bearing and now the pedal is working as good as ever. Bearing box has the following numbers: 694 2RS
    Last edited by AlanHate; 12-15-2017 at 02:00 PM.

2. Registered User

Is this the " rollerblade / skateboard " bearing everyone was changing a month or so back?

3. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by therocker View Post
    Is this the " rollerblade / skateboard " bearing everyone was changing a month or so back?
    Don't think so. It's a much smaller one. It's about 1cm diamete. The ones you're talking about are the big ones tha make the axle rotate. The one I'm talking about is on the piece that is directly conected to the spring

4. ...A mind like Water...

Pearl can hook you up with another one ,or you can send to me and I'll fix it for you.

In the last 4 months I have succesfully fixed double pedals: Demon Drives, DW 9002, DW 8002, Pearl Eliminators and Tama Iron Cobras.

The easiest to fix are the Pearls because everything comes off and very easily...
    Owner of two gorgeous Pearl Masters kits. Metal drummer, music and drums for life!

5. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Sentiment View Post
    Pearl can hook you up with another one ,or you can send to me and I'll fix it for you.

In the last 4 months I have succesfully fixed double pedals: Demon Drives, DW 9002, DW 8002, Pearl Eliminators and Tama Iron Cobras.

The easiest to fix are the Pearls because everything comes off and very easily...
    I hope they can help me get it in here. If you are close to me that'd be a good option. I'm in Toluca, Mexico. As I said, it's the only pedal I have and I use it frequently...