Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 128 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132 ... LastLast
Results 1,525 to 1,536 of 1595
  1. Registered User

I miss old school country.

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MasterBlaster56 View Post
    I miss old school country.
    I think you mean “country and western”....

3. Registered User

4. Registered User

Jones, cash, Lynn, and on and on and on. They don’t make em’ like that no more.

What’s scary is that millennials are starting to discover this “hick music”.

Is nothing sacred anymore??

5. Registered User

As long as I like it, I don't care.

6. Professional Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by TWH View Post
    Jones, cash, Lynn, and on and on and on. They don’t make em’ like that no more.

What’s scary is that millennials are starting to discover this “hick music”.

Is nothing sacred anymore??
    The funny thing, having grown up in rural nowhere with a lot of people who proudly self-identify as "rednecks," that music isn't really what I'd call "hick" music. That's not what they listened to; they listened to all the pop-country from the 90s. The aforementioned stuff that Garth sort of opened the door for; old school country was not in their repertoire.

7. Comrade Tim

Quote Originally Posted by jester2937 View Post
    The funny thing, having grown up in rural nowhere with a lot of people who proudly self-identify as "rednecks," that music isn't really what I'd call "hick" music. That's not what they listened to; they listened to all the pop-country from the 90s. The aforementioned stuff that Garth sort of opened the door for; old school country was not in their repertoire.
    Yep - I hear a lot of that (and have a lot of it in my family)....I just shake my head. I cut my teeth on old Hank Williams, Johnny Cash, George Jones, etc ,etc....watching guitar players like Roy Clark and Buck Owens (Hee-Haw was a staple in our house)...that stuff...not a fan of what Brooks ushered in at all, but some of *his* stuff is incredible and has the old feel to it....that being said, I'd rather bring the rock any day.....and I do...

Kit Pix
    Pearl | Aquarian | Zildjian | Vater | Yamaha

8. Vintage 1968

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah Hex View Post
    Yep - I hear a lot of that (and have a lot of it in my family)....I just shake my head. I cut my teeth on old Hank Williams, Johnny Cash, George Jones, etc ,etc....watching guitar players like Roy Clark and Buck Owens (Hee-Haw was a staple in our house)...that stuff...not a fan of what Brooks ushered in at all, but some of *his* stuff is incredible and has the old feel to it....that being said, I'd rather bring the rock any day.....and I do...
    If you like Hank Sr. I assume you've heard his grandson Hank III. Amazing musician and can play old school country and thrash metal with the best of 'em.
    Random obscure cool group from my youth:

9. Comrade Tim

Quote Originally Posted by dudme View Post
    If you like Hank Sr. I assume you've heard his grandson Hank III. Amazing musician and can play old school country and thrash metal with the best of 'em.
    I don't actively follow the style so nope hadn't heard of him...and absolutely loath Jr.

Kit Pix
    Pearl | Aquarian | Zildjian | Vater | Yamaha

10. Registered User

I bet a nickel he has nothing against you.

11. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Iím not sure if I told you all this, but Brad Paisley is someone from my wifeís circle growing up. His mom taught her 3rd grade.

The grandmother of Lady Gaga and George Brett are also from there.

12. Registered User

Brad can do some fancy picking when he's of a mind to!