Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 122 of 132 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126 ... LastLast
Results 1,453 to 1,464 of 1574
  1. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    17,518

    Default

    Yeah, and gas used to cost $1.37/gal. And?

    Point is that you're going to see the mighty IRON MAIDEN and you're *****ing about the ticket price. Think of what you're getting for your money: an unparalleled stage show, 2 1/2 lead guitarists, THE Bruce Dickinson, and you get to be in the same building as the East End's own STEVEN PERCY HARRIS.

    I'm sure the Black Keys, the Decemberists or Foster the People are playing somewhere in the area. And I'm sure the tickets are cheaper.

    And as soon as you're done wearing that shirt, please send it to me.
    Last edited by JY Kelly; 06-26-2019 at 07:57 AM.
    Way Too Much Crap

  2. Registered User

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    I hope the stage show is good because they are going to look like ants.
    I hear what you're saying. For a while now, if i want to see a band live, I want to SEE the band. No more nosebleed or lawn shows for me.

    Here's all you need to know about who's who from the upper deck:
    Adrian and Dave are the two ants standing still
    Janick is the ant flinging his guitar everywhere
    Steve is the ant with one foot on his monitor pointing the neck of his bass at the crowd
    Bruce is the ant running around
    Nicko is the ant who stays in the ant hill

    Up the irons!

  3. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Jersey Shore & BKLYN
    Posts
    18,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Yeah, and gas used to cost $1.37/gal. And?

    Point is that you're going to see the mighty IRON MAIDEN and you're *****ing about the ticket price. Think of what you're getting for your money: an unparalleled stage show, 2 1/2 lead guitarists, THE Bruce Dickinson, and you get to be in the same building as the East End's own STEVEN PERCY HARRIS.

    I'm sure the Black Keys, the Decemberists or Foster the People are playing somewhere in the area. And I'm sure the tickets are cheaper.

    And as soon as you're done wearing that shirt, please send it to me.
    I don’t care about any of those bands. Besides, the Black Keys are in the same boat as they are an arena band as well.

    That $20 I spent back in ‘89 would be only $45 purely based on inflation, not the $200+ bands are charging for similar seats.

    It’s hard for me to spend more money, taking inflation in consideration, for worse seats than when I saw them in their heyday. I saw Pearl Jam at a 300 person venue with a foot high stage for $8 and Radiohead along with 30-40 other people for $3. Paying more for a worse experience is not what I’m looking to spend my money on.

    The shirt is the greatest present I ever got from my family. It’s never leaving my possession.

  4. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    17,518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    I don’t care about any of those bands. Besides, the Black Keys are in the same boat as they are an arena band as well.

    That $20 I spent back in ‘89 would be only $45 purely based on inflation, not the $200+ bands are charging for similar seats.

    It’s hard for me to spend more money, taking inflation in consideration, for worse seats than when I saw them in their heyday. I saw Pearl Jam at a 300 person venue with a foot high stage for $8 and Radiohead along with 30-40 other people for $3. Paying more for a worse experience is not what I’m looking to spend my money on.

    The shirt is the greatest present I ever got from my family. It’s never leaving my possession.
    'Twas snark Dale. I'll get one of my own.
    Way Too Much Crap

  5. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Jersey Shore & BKLYN
    Posts
    18,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    'Twas snark Dale. I'll get one of my own.
    You will never find one. It’s that special.

  6. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    17,518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    You will never find one. It’s that special.
    Watch me.
    Way Too Much Crap

  7. Vintage 1968

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    BIRMINGHAM, AL
    Posts
    7,751

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    You will never find one. It’s that special.
    It's made by an Indie artist. Once he sold more than one he quit making them because he don't want them to go mainstream.

    Or would that be a hipster artist avoiding becoming trendy?
    Random obscure cool group from my youth:


  8. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    17,518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dudme View Post
    It's made by an Indie artist. Once he sold more than one he quit making them because he don't want them to go mainstream.

    Or would that be a hipster artist avoiding becoming trendy?
    Bingo.

    "You've never heard of my t-shirt. I stopped making it before it got popular."

    Beat it, BeardBoy.
    Way Too Much Crap

  9. Registered User

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    You will never find one. It’s that special.
    https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Iron-Maiden-...UAAOSwPatcVyeA

  10. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Jersey Shore & BKLYN
    Posts
    18,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dudme View Post
    It's made by an Indie artist. Once he sold more than one he quit making them because he don't want them to go mainstream.

    Or would that be a hipster artist avoiding becoming trendy?
    Hipsters wouldn’t like Maiden. They would just wear a shirt they got in Hot Topic and it wouldn’t be as awesome as this one as they would have no idea what it even means.

  11. Vintage 1968

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    BIRMINGHAM, AL
    Posts
    7,751

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    Hipsters wouldn’t like Maiden. They would just wear a shirt they got in Hot Topic and it wouldn’t be as awesome as this one as they would have no idea what it even means.
    I think a lot of people wear shirts that they have no idea what they mean or anything about the band that is on them. I was at an event a while back and some friends daughter had a friend wearing a Guns N' Roses shirt. So I start talking to her about them and about seeing them before they were hip and she said she really didn't know who they were. Said she thinks she knows one of their songs. (???)
    I was thinking she could also have a MIlli Vinilli shirt and not know it.
    Random obscure cool group from my youth:


  12. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    17,518

    Default

    Kinda like Miley ******* Cyrus wearing a Maiden shirt.
    Way Too Much Crap

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •