Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 116 of 133 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,392 of 1595
  1. Registered User

That was hard to watch. The last time I saw the crue was in the early 2000’s and he didn’t sound like that.

2. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Honestly, heís always sounded like that. Why do you think Motley always had such a spectacular stage show?
    Fair point. I think though itís spectacular stage shows that allowed us to ignore him, I donít think it was intentional on their part to sidetrack the audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheez_Whiz View Post
    Was he shouting for the Deviled Eggs or for Devil's Food Cake? I had a hard time making out his order...
    Ha. Itís too easy to justify nailing this guy as his thing was his sex appeal, not talent.

Quote Originally Posted by TWH View Post
    That was hard to watch. The last time I saw the crue was in the early 2000ís and he didnít sound like that.
    Itís pretty obvious to me that it was not his idea to stop MC.

3. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    Fair point. I think though it’s spectacular stage shows that allowed us to ignore him, I don’t think it was intentional on their part to sidetrack the audience.
    So... let’s look at Motley: a singer who by all objectivity couldn’t sing, a bassist who, until just after their first major label release, literally couldn’t play the instrument, a guitarist who who would’ve preferred to be in a blues band and a drummer... well, T-Bone is awesome... point being- the explosions were 100% purposefully a distraction.
    Way Too Much Crap

4. Registered User

So... let’s look at Motley: a singer who by all objectivity couldn’t sing, a bassist who, until just after their first major label release, literally couldn’t play the instrument, a guitarist who who would’ve preferred to be in a blues band and a drummer... well, T-Bone is awesome... point being- the explosions were 100% purposefully a distraction.
    Well.....

When I saw them back in the day (theatre of pain tour with Loudness), they absolutely killed it. Time does take it’s toll though.

5. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Crazy, especially since Sixx pretty much wrote all of the songs.

6. Drumming Since 1943

Crazy, especially since Sixx pretty much wrote all of the songs.
    Never said he wasn’t a decent songwriter.
    Way Too Much Crap

7. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Never said he wasn’t a decent songwriter.
    They are a classic example of “The Whole is Greater than the Sum of its Parts.”.

8. Drumming Since 1943

They are a classic example of “The Whole is Greater than the Sum of its Parts.”.
    100% Lot of bands are like that though.
    Way Too Much Crap

9. Registered User

Maybe Metallica could use some “pyrotechnics”.

10. Rogue Ex-Mod

Totally agree. I always liked them the best of the "Hair Metal" era groups, they had the best songs IMO and a unique sound where you always knew it was them. Tommy Lee is also vastly superior to most drummers of that era.
    My One-Of-A-Kind Masters Premium BRP in #197: http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...d.php?t=216550

Pearl - Ludwig - Zildjian - Sabian - Remo - Evans - Vic Firth

11. Registered User

The guys I'm playing with both said " we're huge CrŁe fans. With the release of The Dirt I suggested learning Live Wire. They both then said " I've never heard that song before! " wtf?

= not a CrŁe fan at all. To me if you don't know the first ( best IMO ) album, you don't know them at all!

12. Registered User

Live wire and shout are both outstanding albums. Everything after that is on a downward path. Millionaires making serious rock music just doesn’t jive.

There are some exceptions though....