Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 102 of 137 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112 ... LastLast
Results 1,213 to 1,224 of 1638
  1. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    I agree. Here he is in this well-known video in their prime and he’s not much of a singer. The difference is what was a guy with charisma is now a guy that is a characture of what he was.

https://youtu.be/ojNrj-sWfpk
    They played 3 nights at the Spectrum on that tour. One thing I agree with Eddie Trunk about that era of VH, if Roth would talk less between songs they could play at least two more songs.....maybe more.

2. KCCO

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Same with Geddy on Rush’s last 2 tours. Everybody clamors for a Rush reunion but honestly his voice became unlistenable. Roth is the same. You’re right Bri- he’d be better off scatting and hitting the basic end vocal notes instead of trying to sing lines that he couldn’t in 1981.
    I agree. I was fortunate to see them on the Clockwork Angels tour and R40. Both shows happened to be in Canada, for whatever that is worth. Geddy did sound better for the latter R40 show. I recall an article that touched on Geddy working with a voice coach and he claimed positive results. I would agree but not top notch. The Clockwork Angels recorded performance was difficult to listen to.
    Drum Workshop 6 Piece Collectors Series in Ruby Glass
    Various Snares
    Trick Pro 1V Double Pedal Black Widow Edition
    Motion Pro Throne

Roland TD 50 KV
    Trick Pro 1V Double Pedal Black Widow Edition
    Ahead Spinal Glide Throne

3. NO KIT TOO BIG

Went to see Paul McCartney in London last night, and was in for a big treat. Ringo was spotted in the crowd shortly before Paul hit the stage, all the phone cameras were going off and people speculated about him playing, but most thought it was unlikely. Cue the encore, Wonderful Christmastime was played with a children’s choir (A surprise in itself) and then he introduced Ronnie Wood, crowd went crazy and then a riser with a Ludwig kit was rolled out to near centre stage (rental kit I believe, I think I spotted barcode stickers near the tom mount so I assume it was from John Henry’s or Bell Percussion). Ringo was introduced and predictably the audience went mad, people couldn’t believe it, and I saw a few crying. They played Get Back as the video shows and then left the stage to rapturous applause. Before Paul played Sgt Pepper (Reprise) and Golden Slumbers/Carry that weight/The End.

Truly a dream for me, saw Paul last in Cardiff in 2010 (Up and Coming tour) and Ringo and the all Starr Band at the Liverpool empire in 2011. Never thought I’d get the chance to see them together (usually only happens in the states), and I feel incredibly lucky to have witnessed it. I’ll never see anything that good again in my lifetime. The concert highlight.

Name:  48368509_2156250197958693_1682123941478400000_n.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  59.9 KB
    Name:  48391384_2156250207958692_8261902599297433600_n.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  55.1 KB
    Name:  48379072_2156250411292005_3872392245499920384_n.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  52.0 KB
    Pearl, Natal, Ludwig, Tama, Slingerland, Premier Drums
    Zildjian, Sabian, Zyn Cymbals
    PEARL, LUDWIG, TAMA, YAMAHA, NATAL and DW Snares

Roland, Dauz, FAT KAT and Koby Electronics, and loads of Percussion

4 Kits and 8 Snares, and I still don't have enough!

4. Registered User

Congrats! That's a heck of a show even without Ronnie and Ringo.

5. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RushDrums24 View Post
    Went to see Paul McCartney in London last night, and was in for a big treat. Ringo was spotted in the crowd shortly before Paul hit the stage, all the phone cameras were going off and people speculated about him playing, but most thought it was unlikely. Cue the encore, Wonderful Christmastime was played with a children’s choir (A surprise in itself) and then he introduced Ronnie Wood, crowd went crazy and then a riser with a Ludwig kit was rolled out to near centre stage (rental kit I believe, I think I spotted barcode stickers near the tom mount so I assume it was from John Henry’s or Bell Percussion). Ringo was introduced and predictably the audience went mad, people couldn’t believe it, and I saw a few crying. They played Get Back as the video shows and then left the stage to rapturous applause. Before Paul played Sgt Pepper (Reprise) and Golden Slumbers/Carry that weight/The End.

Truly a dream for me, saw Paul last in Cardiff in 2010 (Up and Coming tour) and Ringo and the all Starr Band at the Liverpool empire in 2011. Never thought I’d get the chance to see them together (usually only happens in the states), and I feel incredibly lucky to have witnessed it. I’ll never see anything that good again in my lifetime. The concert highlight.

Name:  48368509_2156250197958693_1682123941478400000_n.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  59.9 KB
    Name:  48391384_2156250207958692_8261902599297433600_n.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  55.1 KB
    Name:  48379072_2156250411292005_3872392245499920384_n.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  52.0 KB
    Unbelievable! Congratulations on being there!
    "Why is that mirror sneezing?"

"Ah, look, it's just an old, creaky mirror, y'know, sometimes it sounds a little like it's sneezing, or coughing, or talking softly."

6. Registered User

Glad you had a good time!

7. NO KIT TOO BIG

Quote Originally Posted by melvinspeed View Post
    Congrats! That's a heck of a show even without Ronnie and Ringo.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheElectricCompany View Post
    Unbelievable! Congratulations on being there!
    Quote Originally Posted by sticks4drums View Post
    Glad you had a good time!
    Thanks guys, indeed it was, Paul played for well over 3 hours, sheer bliss. Still on a massive high. His last show of the year, with plenty of surprises to boot.
    Pearl, Natal, Ludwig, Tama, Slingerland, Premier Drums
    Zildjian, Sabian, Zyn Cymbals
    PEARL, LUDWIG, TAMA, YAMAHA, NATAL and DW Snares

Roland, Dauz, FAT KAT and Koby Electronics, and loads of Percussion

4 Kits and 8 Snares, and I still don't have enough!

8. Registered User

Thanks guys, indeed it was, Paul played for well over 3 hours, sheer bliss. Still on a massive high. His last show of the year, with plenty of surprises to boot.
    Absolutely awesome! Nothing like witnessing music history live! Very cool!

9. Gash

Stubby!
    up yours

Pearl MMX Emerald Mist - 20/12/15 - MMX 5.5x14 snare - Sensitone Power Piccolo brass snare 5.5x13 - Bosphorus cymbals - Tama hardware

10. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

3hrs? Wow!

Don’t get me wrong, I have a ton of respect for Paul to play that much, but I don’t think I could make it through an entire show. I’d probably get bored at some point.

11. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    3hrs? Wow!

Don’t get me wrong, I have a ton of respect for Paul to play that much, but I don’t think I could make it through an entire show. I’d probably get bored at some point.
    Same here. I might get bored with 3 hours of any concert.
    Way Too Much Crap

12. Registered User

My wife and I have seen him three times and the concerts are paced very well, but we're massive Beatles fans so we're biased.
    "Why is that mirror sneezing?"

"Ah, look, it's just an old, creaky mirror, y'know, sometimes it sounds a little like it's sneezing, or coughing, or talking softly."