Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 127 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131 ... LastLast
Results 1,513 to 1,524 of 1613
  1. Registered User

phx-az since 1978. The best sunsets occur during the monsoon season June-Sept.

Great pic of you and the groove master. Cheers to you RD24! Well done sir.
    "Now just a minute. This is a press conference. The last thing I want to do is answer a lot of questions."

United States Army General Maynard M. Mitchell
    Press briefing. Korea 1950

2. Professional Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by RushDrums24 View Post
    On very different matters, I just got to meet and chat to this guy after the first gig (of a 5 night sold out run at Ronnie Scott's in London), utter legend, great band that grooved like hell and a really down to earth guy.
    That's really awesome. Always good to hear people having good experiences with legends of the trade.

3. Comrade Tim

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    You had me right up until “Garth Brooks”. LOL
    The dude did a lot for the style of music he plays - granted he ushered in the era of country that I really can't stand, but I really do enjoy some of his work...I can never knock a song if I feel it...no matter what style it is...

Kit Pix
    Pearl | Aquarian | Zildjian | Vater | Yamaha

4. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah Hex View Post
    The dude did a lot for the style of music he plays - granted he ushered in the era of country that I really can't stand, but I really do enjoy some of his work...I can never knock a song if I feel it...no matter what style it is...
    That’s cool. I simply cannot abide by Country. It reminds me of everything I loathe In our culture. But it’s definitively cool that you’re so egalitarian.
    Way Too Much Crap

5. Vintage 1968

I like Garth Brooks, too. While typically I dont like the pop country he helped usher in, i do like Garth. Great storteller.
    Random obscure cool group from my youth:

6. Comrade Tim

That’s cool. I simply cannot abide by Country. It reminds me of everything I loathe In our culture. But it’s definitively cool that you’re so egalitarian.
    I played drums for the very first time live with country music at 10 years old - had no idea what I was doing at the time, but could keep basic 4/4 and the party was mostly drunk, and that was how I got hooked on playing, did these kind of things for 8 years until I went in the Navy....

Music is just music to me...if a song moves me in any way, I would never discard it just because of the style. Believe you me....there's a ton of music out there I'm indifferent to.....country is *mostly* miss for me - and I grew up with it in 85% of my family - old school stuff is more where I vibe than anything past 1975 or so....

Kit Pix
    Pearl | Aquarian | Zildjian | Vater | Yamaha

7. Drumming Since 1943

I played drums for the very first time live with country music at 10 years old - had no idea what I was doing at the time, but could keep basic 4/4 and the party was mostly drunk, and that was how I got hooked on playing, did these kind of things for 8 years until I went in the Navy....

Music is just music to me...if a song moves me in any way, I would never discard it just because of the style. Believe you me....there's a ton of music out there I'm indifferent to.....country is *mostly* miss for me - and I grew up with it in 85% of my family - old school stuff is more where I vibe than anything past 1975 or so....
    I totally get it and respect your vision of it. But... I just can’t.
    Way Too Much Crap

8. Registered User

All that does is just limit your range of music. If a limited range is all you want - cool.

9. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by MasterBlaster56 View Post
    All that does is just limit your range of music. If a limited range is all you want - cool.
    It’s obvious that no matter what I say you’ll have an issue with it so... I can’t say anything other than “cheers” buddy.
    Way Too Much Crap

10. Registered User

TBH, I didn't even look at the username - just the post.

11. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

I totally get it and respect your vision of it. But... I just can’t.
    Johnny Cash rules, but I’m with you otherwise for the most part.

12. Registered User

Patsy clines’ voice is something otherworldly.