This made my day. Attachment 515429
    THREE times!!! WHOOT!

3. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by MasterBlaster56 View Post
    THREE times!!! WHOOT!
    Fourth times the charm.
    Way Too Much Crap

4. Registered User

But at least you unnecessarily quoted my post. Good for you.

5. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by melvinspeed View Post
    Definitely Peter, who has never grasped how lucky he was to fall in with that band back in the 70's. Does anyone think we'd have heard of Peter Criss if he wasn't in KISS? I'm more amused by a "journalist" rehashing quotes and events from 15-20 years ago for an article published yesterday. There is literally nothing NEW here to report.
    Would anyone know who KISS was had Peter Criss not been in the band. He was as important as any member during the beginning of the band. Would anyone know Pearl drums without Criss playing them. Would they have folded or been renamed years ago with out the KISS endorsement deal? Would there be a Pearl forum, where we could hash out these speciations, had Peter not been in KISS?

Kiss definitely wouldn't have ever recorded Beth without him.

If you ask me all four members are kind of lovable douche bags that are easily hated.

6. Registered User

Hell, I coulda been KISS's drummer, no problemo. 18 or so back then... Rock and friggin Roll!!!

7. Skeld-the -wicked

Wow ! Thanks for pointing that out. A legend in your own mind.
    Pearl Masters Premium Diamond Burst 6pc
    Pearl Masters Red Mahogany Classic 6pc
    14 x 6.5 Phosphor Bronze FF Snare + Red Wine Shell.
    Zildjian Cymbals
    Vic Firth sticks

8. Registered User

Nah... I never went pro.

9. Skeld-the -wicked

I’m outstanding in my own field.
    Pearl Masters Premium Diamond Burst 6pc
    Pearl Masters Red Mahogany Classic 6pc
    14 x 6.5 Phosphor Bronze FF Snare + Red Wine Shell.
    Zildjian Cymbals
    Vic Firth sticks

10. Vintage 1968

Quote Originally Posted by therocker View Post
    Would anyone know who KISS was had Peter Criss not been in the band. He was as important as any member during the beginning of the band. Would anyone know Pearl drums without Criss playing them. Would they have folded or been renamed years ago with out the KISS endorsement deal? Would there be a Pearl forum, where we could hash out these speciations, had Peter not been in KISS?

Kiss definitely wouldn't have ever recorded Beth without him.

If you ask me all four members are kind of lovable douche bags that are easily hated.
    I know where you are coming from. If you go back and listen to the early albums (though ALIVE!) Peter was pretty solid, and he put in the work to make the KISS dynamic what it was. There are not that many drummers back then who would have gotten on the levitating drum riser with ropes and pulleys and roadies hoisting it up into the smoky ceiling of the clubs. All of those guys were coming up with different parts of the whole that made up KISS. After the money hit I think he kinda let other people do the driving, though.
    I believe we would have still heard of KISS without Criss though. It would have been a different dynamic, but if you think about it Metallica lost Dave Mustaine prior to their first record and we still know who Metallica and Dave Mustaine are.

I just saw an article about Doc McGee on the KISS Kruise. He said all the past members of KISS who are still living have been contacted about participating in the final show.
    https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ki...final-concert/

KISS's Manager Says ACE FREHLEY And PETER CRISS Have Been Approached About Taking Part In Final Concert
    KISS manager Doc McGhee says that all living former members of the band have been approached about taking part in the iconic group's final concert.
    KISS announced over the weekend that it will play its last-ever show on July 17, 2021, in New York City. It will be the finale of the two-and-a-half-year "End Of The Road" world tour, which, by the time it is finished, will have taken in more than 165 dates across several continents.
    In the months after KISS announced "End Of The Road", fans wondered openly if original members Ace Frehley (guitar) and Peter Criss (drums) would be involved in the tour, especially considering the apparent recent goodwill between Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons and Ace. Frehley's latest album "Spaceman" — a title suggested by Simmons himself — features two songs the pair wrote together, and the duo completed a joint summer 2018 tour of Australia, after which Frehley fired his solo backing band and hired Simmons's.
    McGhee said during a question-and-answer session on the ninth annual "Kiss Kruise" that KISS is open to reuniting with all former members at the final gig.

"We want to include everybody that played with KISS to celebrate the 45 years of KISS," he said. "And everybody — Vinnie Vincent and everybody else — that [has] played with KISS is part of this whole celebration of 45 years. So, we're still looking at what we're gonna do on the final show of KISS."
    According to McGhee, Frehley and Criss have both "been talked to" about participating in some form. But, he acknowledged, "It's pretty difficult. When people say, 'Oh, you should bring Ace and Peter up.' How do you do that when you have two Catmen and two Spacemen? So you say, 'Okay. You don't wear makeup and you wear makeup.' And then they [Ace and Peter] go, 'Well, that was my makeup.' I don't know. So it's real hard to do, but we'll figure it out because they're very much a part of the heritage of KISS. And they're acknowledged by Gene and Paul and everybody in this room as the founding members… So. it's important to you guys [and] it's important to us. It's just a matter of the balance and we can bring it where it works for everybody and everybody is having a great time."
    Last year, Frehley told VintageRock.com that "the only way" he would "seriously consider" taking part in "End Of The Road" is "if I took back my make-up and costume and my character — which I designed." He added that current KISS guitarist Tommy Thayer "is not a bad guitar player, but he basically just mimics everything I wrote, and tries to imitate my persona. He's been doing it for 15 years," he said. "But the reality is I'm the original guy. And nobody can really copy the way I play guitar."
    Asked if he would still consider participating in the tour if Criss was not involved, Ace said: "I think it would be great if Peter was involved. Obviously, at this point in his life, he wouldn’t be able to do a two-hour show. But I can see if we worked out a situation where Peter came out at the end and did three or four songs — sang 'Beth', did 'Black Diamond' and a couple of others, I think that would be fun."
    "End Of The Road" kicked off on January 31 in Vancouver and will resume on November 16 in Perth, Australia.
    KISS's current lineup consists of original members Simmons and Stanley, alongside later band additions, Thayer (since 2002) and drummer Eric Singer (on and off since 1991).
    Formed in 1973 by Stanley, Simmons, Criss and Frehley, KISS staged its first "farewell" tour in 2000, the last to feature the group's original lineup.
    Random obscure cool group from my youth:

11. Vintage 1968

Don't remember if I mentioned it our not but guess who I got to check out playing live a while back? LUD2002. Yep. Amy. She's a beast! Even swiped a set of her signature sticks!

She's playing in Atlanta in a few months again but I just found out I'll be in Michigan basically December-January, so I may have to miss her this time.
    Random obscure cool group from my youth:

12. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dudme View Post
    Don't remember if I mentioned it our not but guess who I got to check out playing live a while back? LUD2002. Yep. Amy. She's a beast! Even swiped a set of her signature sticks!

She's playing in Atlanta in a few months again but I just found out I'll be in Michigan basically December-January, so I may have to miss her this time.
    She's from the Heart and Bad Company tribute bands, right?
    "Why is that mirror sneezing?"

"Ah, look, it's just an old, creaky mirror, y'know, sometimes it sounds a little like it's sneezing, or coughing, or talking softly."