Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 130 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133 LastLast
Results 1,549 to 1,560 of 1595
  1. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    Iron Maiden! Reunion with fellow high school drummers. I’m all the way on the left for those who don’t know me.

Attachment 514552

Attachment 514553
    If you’ve got one, you should post a pic from when y’all were in school
    "Why is that mirror sneezing?"

"Ah, look, it's just an old, creaky mirror, y'know, sometimes it sounds a little like it's sneezing, or coughing, or talking softly."

2. Registered User

Iím sure it was great for the real Maiden fans, but there was too much material unknown to me. I only know songs from basically Live After Death. Donít get me wrong, I wore that tape out, but I cannot say I followed them past that, though I did recognize one song from Seventh Son.

Live albums were basically greatest hits records in their prime.
    "Where Eagles Dare" alone was worth the price of admission.

3. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

DLR vs Steven Tyler via Joe Rogan

https://youtu.be/dvgE_gf1sQA

4. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Bri6366 View Post
    "Where Eagles Dare" alone was worth the price of admission.
    Agree. If I didn’t see the Nico skit posted here, it would have been a wonderful surprise.

5. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Journey- Separate Ways (silent version)

https://youtu.be/cD8ffB9JU64

6. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Ric Ocasek has been found dead by his estranged wife.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...391.html?amp=y

7. Drumming Since 1943

Ric Ocasek has been found dead by his estranged wife.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...391.html?amp=y
    Way Too Much Crap

8. Registered User

Awe man. I was such a Cars fan when in '81- '82 my brother bought the Cars : Candy 'O on cassette tape. Still am a fan and have their Greatest Hits album on CD. I be said it before that " Heavy " is a state of mind and not a scary band name, devilish artwork on the album cover, font that is unreadable or lyrics of death and destruction. It's a attitude of sound. Listen to the intro to The Cars song, Since You've Gone. Music is mellow and poppy, lyrics dark but relate able, the subject is despair with a sense of hope...but that intro... when the bass guitar, kick and crash cymbal come in...THAT'S HEAVY!

R.I.P.

Someone link the song to my rant please.

9. Vintage 1968

Sad news indeed about Ric Ocasek. If you haven't heard Ric's 2016 Cars remasters you should pick them up. Amazing stuff.
    Sad news following sad news of Eddie Money's death Friday. Some great music and musicians have passed this month.
    Random obscure cool group from my youth:

10. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by dudme View Post
    Sad news indeed about Ric Ocasek. If you haven't heard Ric's 2016 Cars remasters you should pick them up. Amazing stuff.
    Sad news following sad news of Eddie Money's death Friday. Some great music and musicians have passed this month.
    They were both in their 70’s. If they weren’t dead in their 20’s they’ll start now. My grandparents all died between the ages of 68-84. I need to remember that.

11. life start at 125bpm

the problem with those ''giants '' kicking the bucket,is that there's no replacement.they mirror an era when the industry was ''sponsoring''' bands ,investing time and money into them on the long term. those times are revolute.

those guys were prolific writers,they were digging into their creativity looking for ''hooked''' music , working with multiple players ,and they were always trying to make every player shine trough the music,creating unique band's dynamics .

looking at the big picture,what's left of that '''''branch '''''' of the music industry in the usa? where are the emerging bands investing on their long term, able to write timeless music in the usa? i personnally don't see much of that. to find such creative , long lasting bands,you need to look in europe where rock music is still alive and healthy.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

12. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    the problem with those ''giants '' kicking the bucket,is that there's no replacement.they mirror an era when the industry was ''sponsoring''' bands ,investing time and money into them on the long term. those times are revolute.

those guys were prolific writers,they were digging into their creativity looking for ''hooked''' music , working with multiple players ,and they were always trying to make every player shine trough the music,creating unique band's dynamics .

looking at the big picture,what's left of that '''''branch '''''' of the music industry in the usa? where are the emerging bands investing on their long term, able to write timeless music in the usa? i personnally don't see much of that. to find such creative , long lasting bands,you need to look in europe where rock music is still alive and healthy.
    What you are saying has merit, but it also sounds like a jazz guy talking about the rock scene.