Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 103 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105 LastLast
Results 1,225 to 1,236 of 1249
  1. life start at 125bpm

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    3hrs? Wow!

Dont get me wrong, I have a ton of respect for Paul to play that much, but I dont think I could make it through an entire show. Id probably get bored at some point.
    i would be very pleased with 3 hours straight of THE WINGS's music ...while an hour of the beatles would put me asleep very quick .
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

2. Drumming Since 1943

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    i would be very pleased with 3 hours straight of THE WINGS's music ...while an hour of the beatles would put me asleep very quick .
    It’s “Wings”, mon ami. ��
    Way Too Much Crap

3. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Regarding that particular comparison, I’m the complete opposite. I just don’t think I can make it through anyone’s show, regardless how much I like them, more than 2hrs.

4. life start at 125bpm

Regarding that particular comparison, I’m the complete opposite. I just don’t think I can make it through anyone’s show, regardless how much I like them, more than 2hrs.
    you say 2 hours. what about a sour taste after 15 minutes ? if you can stay 2 hours ,3 hours is pertty much the same ; it means you like the music .

i seriously think that the wings discography is filled with 80% pure rock hits-extremely hooked melodies leaving a very large footprint in the listeners's mind. the wings is rock oriented instead of pop rock like (to me only me) the beatles. and it shows to me. heavier rythm section, very hooked melodies.....i've never been into pop rock so might suffer from a bias. back in the days there was 2 clans.the beatle clan,and the rolling stones clan.i wasn't in either ones.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

5. Registered User

you say 2 hours. what about a sour taste after 15 minutes ? if you can stay 2 hours ,3 hours is pertty much the same ; it means you like the music .

i seriously think that the wings discography is filled with 80% pure rock hits-extremely hooked melodies leaving a very large footprint in the listeners's mind. the wings is rock oriented instead of pop rock like (to me only me) the beatles. and it shows to me. heavier rythm section, very hooked melodies.....i've never been into pop rock so might suffer from a bias. back in the days there was 2 clans.the beatle clan,and the rolling stones clan.i wasn't in either ones.
    Either was I. They both bore me to tears, but I am not in the majority that is for sure.

6. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Two hours is a complete stretch for me. I’m probably getting bored well before that. The last big show I went to was Death Cab for Cutie. If it wasn’t for my wife being such a big fan, I would have split probably not much longer than a hour into their set and I was the one to introduce them to her.

I think I’m just getting jaded over the years.

7. Drumming Since 1943

Two hours is a complete stretch for me. I’m probably getting bored well before that. The last big show I went to was Death Cab for Cutie. If it wasn’t for my wife being such a big fan, I would have split probably not much longer than a hour into their set and I was the one to introduce them to her.

I think I’m just getting jaded over the years.
    Join the club.
    Way Too Much Crap

8. Registered User

No half measures.

up yours

Pearl Session Studio Classic 22/13/16 - Pearl Power Piccolo Brass 13x5.5 - Bosphorus - Roland TD-12

9. Registered User

Two hours is my limit. On the way home from Crue during the Dr. Feelgood tour, we were joking that the concert was like "Hello...great to see you....good night."

10. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bri6366 View Post
    Ironically back in their prime, people couldn't stand VH because of Roth and didn't like Rush because of Geddy's vocals.
    I've always loved VH..until Hagar joined. I know he ( SH) could sing better but it took all the hard edges off the band. No one could ever replace Geddy and Corabi can sing and Vince Neil can't. Corobi Cre sucks.

You know who else can't sing? Bob Dylan, Tom Petty, Roy Orbison, Leadbelly, Kurt Cobain, Ringo Starr, that dude from Crash Test Dummies, John Lee Hooker, Bon Scott or Brian Johnson, Kevin Dubrow and everyone in Cookie Monster metal bands!

There are a bunch of bands with male vocalist that can sing. But their pizzaz wears thin. Priest and Queen are a couple of the only ones that made a long career of it.

11. life start at 125bpm

Quote Originally Posted by therocker View Post

You know who else can't sing? Bob Dylan, Tom Petty, Roy Orbison, Leadbelly, Kurt Cobain, Ringo Starr, that dude from Crash Test Dummies, John Lee Hooker, Bon Scott or Brian Johnson, Kevin Dubrow and everyone in Cookie Monster metal bands!

not much that comes to mind actually....to me, can't sing, it is really can't .one name emerge immediately, and it'S JAMES LABRIE. geddy CAN sing,and sing well depending on a given show; he's not very steady in this deprtment....but labrie! HE can't sing at all.

terrible,horrible....a true joke...even the band members can't hide their...hum....their disgust from time time

he's one of the main reason for portnoy's departure.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

12. Drumming Since 1943

not much that comes to mind actually....to me, can't sing, it is really can't .one name emerge immediately, and it'S JAMES LABRIE. geddy CAN sing,and sing well depending on a given show; he's not very steady in this deprtment....but labrie! HE can't sing at all.

terrible,horrible....a true joke...even the band members can't hide their...hum....their disgust from time time

he's one of the main reason for portnoy's departure.
    JFC is he awful.
    Way Too Much Crap