Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 109 of 110 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110 LastLast
Results 1,297 to 1,308 of 1314
  1. life start at 125bpm

reflecting on this specific topic, i'm concluding that a singer who lipsync isn't worse than the one using an autotune system. people don't stir much noise around the fact that some well known singers are using autotune(a ton of artists can't perform decently without it) ,why would it be different with lipsync'ing ?
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    I cannot STAND when bands lower keys to accommodate the diminished vocal abilities of the singer. The only "classic" bands who don't have to do that are Maiden and Metallica. Songs that were already in low keys sound sludgy and weird when played even lower.
    We're not in their situations. Musicians just don't quit their life long passion. We all get older.

3. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    reflecting on this specific topic, i'm concluding that a singer who lipsync isn't worse than the one using an autotune system. people don't stir much noise around the fact that some well known singers are using autotune(a ton of artists can't perform decently without it) ,why would it be different with lipsync'ing ?
    I do.

4. Registered User

Guitar player in my band was discussing the lip sync issue and told me that Fleetwood Mac uses a complete backing band that you don’t see off stage. What?

Ironically our wives got us both KISS tickets because we’re both huge Ace Frehley fans. So we’re going but obviously not that excited about it.

5. Registered User

Super lame. If you suck live it's time to find another outlet for your playing. If you have any pride in your art you should end your career with dignity.
    "Why is that mirror sneezing?"

"Ah, look, it's just an old, creaky mirror, y'know, sometimes it sounds a little like it's sneezing, or coughing, or talking softly."

6. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Track12 View Post
    Guitar player in my band was discussing the lip sync issue and told me that Fleetwood Mac uses a complete backing band that you don’t see off stage. What?

Ironically our wives got us both KISS tickets because we’re both huge Ace Frehley fans. So we’re going but obviously not that excited about it.
    U2 has a guitarist under the stage from what I was told.

7. NO KIT TOO BIG

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    U2 has a guitarist under the stage from what I was told.
    I'm sure that one of Iron Maidens guitar techs plays keyboard parts off stage too.
    Pearl, Natal, Ludwig, Tama, Slingerland, Premier Drums
    Zildjian, Sabian, Zyn Cymbals
    PEARL, LUDWIG, TAMA, NATAL and DW Snares

Roland, Yamaha and Dauz Electronics, and loads of Percussion

4 Kits and 8 Snares, and I still don't have enough!

8. Registered User

Maiden toured with a keyboardist during the seventh son of a seventh son tour, I believe. I don't know about before that, I really don't think so. I think they have continued to tour with a keyboardist since then, although intermittently, but I could be wrong.

9. a.k.a. YtseJam

Korn used to have an off-stage guitarist a while ago too.

10. NO KIT TOO BIG

Quote Originally Posted by KG View Post
    Maiden toured with a keyboardist during the seventh son of a seventh son tour, I believe. I don't know about before that, I really don't think so. I think they have continued to tour with a keyboardist since then, although intermittently, but I could be wrong.
    Steve Harris's bass tech it seems https://www.keyboardmag.com/artists/...ind-the-maiden
    Pearl, Natal, Ludwig, Tama, Slingerland, Premier Drums
    Zildjian, Sabian, Zyn Cymbals
    PEARL, LUDWIG, TAMA, NATAL and DW Snares

Roland, Yamaha and Dauz Electronics, and loads of Percussion

4 Kits and 8 Snares, and I still don't have enough!

11. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by RushDrums24 View Post
    Steve Harris’s bass tech Michael Kenney has been laying down keyboards for them for years. This is not a secret.
    Way Too Much Crap

12. Registered User

Whitesnake have released another taste of their upcoming album, Flesh and Blood.
    You can hear the high-octane track "Trouble Is Your Middle Name" below. The song’s debut follows the release of “Shut Up and Kiss Me,” the album’s first single that was unveiled in February.
    Flesh and Blood marks the band’s first studio release since 2015’s The Purple Album, a re-imagining of classic Deep Purple tracks from Whitesnake frontman David Coverdale’s time in that band. You have to go back to 2011’s Forevermore to find a Whitesnake LP made up of original material.

Coverdale admitted it’s been a long and bumpy road getting Flesh and Blood ready for fans. During an interview with Atlanta-based radio station Rock 100.5, the singer revealed how knee surgery slowed him down.
    “I'd been suffering, in my knees, for about 10 years, with degenerative arthritis,” he confessed. "And, basically, for 10 years, we'd been covering it up with shots, injections and stuff for tours.”

Coverdale later elaborated on the severity of the issue. "There was no question," he said. "Had I not gone in to have knee replacement surgery for both knees, I would have certainly been in a wheelchair, and I could not see myself within that picture.”

During his recovery, the Whitesnake frontman wrote many of the songs that make up Flesh and Blood. Even after the surgery was behind him, health concerns continued cropping up. “Coming to 2018, my immune system was so depleted I was like a poster boy to get that H3 flu virus which was just awful," he explained. "Took six weeks, two months to get rid of.”
    If that weren’t enough, technical problems nearly forced the group to start again from scratch. “The album was on hold, then we came back to finish mixing, we were 85 percent done, and my entire studio system crashed," he noted. "We didn't know whether we just lost the album.”

Despite constant issues, Coverdale believes the album was destined for a 2019 release. "It's like all of these things the universe was manipulating to make sure the album came out this year," he said.

Flesh and Blood will be released on May 10. The band kicks off its world tour on April 12.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc69ZKmdDhM