Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 108 of 115 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112 ... LastLast
Results 1,285 to 1,296 of 1377
  1. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

It appears someone did die.

MIKE GROSE, QUEEN’S FIRST BASSIST, DIES

Mike Grose, who played bass in the first version of Queen, has died. As of press time, neither the cause of death nor his age are known.

Brian May broke the news on social media. "Yes — not a jolly time for us," he wrote on Instagram. "Mike Grose was Queen’s first bass player. Around 1970, Roger [Taylor] invited him to come up to London from Cornwall to rehearse with us, putting those first songs together. He was a powerful figure, with powerful gear ! His sound was massive and monolithic ! In the end the liaison didn’t work out, but we owe Mike gratitude for helping us take those first steps. RIP Mike. Bri"

Continued below

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/mike-grose-queen-dies/

2. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    It appears someone did die.

MIKE GROSE, QUEEN’S FIRST BASSIST, DIES

Mike Grose, who played bass in the first version of Queen, has died. As of press time, neither the cause of death nor his age are known.

Brian May broke the news on social media. "Yes — not a jolly time for us," he wrote on Instagram. "Mike Grose was Queen’s first bass player. Around 1970, Roger [Taylor] invited him to come up to London from Cornwall to rehearse with us, putting those first songs together. He was a powerful figure, with powerful gear ! His sound was massive and monolithic ! In the end the liaison didn’t work out, but we owe Mike gratitude for helping us take those first steps. RIP Mike. Bri"

Continued below

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/mike-grose-queen-dies/
    I had no idea there was such a thing.

The name "Mike Grose" sounds less like an Englishman from Cornwall and more like a 'Murican from Birmingham... Alabama. Just sayin'.
    Way Too Much Crap

3. life start at 125bpm

It’s well known Paul is lipsyncing this tour.
    seriously? ugh!!...and well known?....woaw.i wouldn't had believed for a second that a band could run away with that. while...thinking twice.....people pay a lot of money TO SEE THEM. stanley singing for real or not maybe hasn't such negative impact on their fans and ticket sales in 2019 , like it would had been in the 80's. ...all i know is i'd like to see james labrie electing the same than having to support his lyrical agony ,so yes,that makes sens after all, and it,s even something that would make my decision to go-no go much easier LOL.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

4. Drumming Since 1943

Rollracer, Champion of the Ellipses.
    Way Too Much Crap

5. Pearl Corporation USA

Itís well known Paul is lipsyncing this tour.
    Paul actually sounds decent on this tour. Songs like "Say Yeah", they lowered the key on a few of his songs where he doesn't have to scream and he and the songs sound better.

6. Drumming Since 1943

I cannot STAND when bands lower keys to accommodate the diminished vocal abilities of the singer. The only "classic" bands who don't have to do that are Maiden and Metallica. Songs that were already in low keys sound sludgy and weird when played even lower.
    Way Too Much Crap

7. Registered User

Well, I'll try to grab articles from the Classic Rock site to generate some conversation..there's tons there.

In other news..did anyone notice that Hal Blaine passed away yesterday? Natural causes is what I read.

8. life start at 125bpm

Quote Originally Posted by AL PERCIVAL View Post
    Paul actually sounds decent on this tour. Songs like "Say Yeah", they lowered the key on a few of his songs where he doesn't have to scream and he and the songs sound better.
    that means PS won't lipsync every song? thinking about it... why not using an autotune mic system ? seems more suited for the situation.it's not like he can't sing at all like labrie after all...
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

9. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    that means PS won't lipsync every song? thinking about it... why not using an autotune mic system ? seems more suited for the situation.it's not like he can't sing at all like labrie after all...
    https://youtu.be/z-KGRW5b8TQ

10. Registered User

I'm sure we can all understand singers not being able to hit notes of yesteryear, that's just life(for the most part). That being said, I kinda think if bands want people/fans to look back on their career positively, they would quit singing live way before they get to the point where they're lipsyncing, or whatever. My thought is, just put out studio albums where you can make everything as good/bad as you want to, and you don't have to recreate it, night after night. We all know the pull of touring money can make even the best throw common sense out-the-window.

11. life start at 125bpm

right at the moment stanley was 3 feet away,simmons was so close to its mic, it could have been simmons '''call-scream ''..anyways....as i said,i think these days people stretch their money TO SEE THEM. not sure 90% of the audience actually care about that trick(lipsync'ing) ; which is bizzare to me. what the dude said about the fact he pay to see and hear a true band and a singer singing for real ,was my mindset couple decades ago. now, those guys are in the 60's lol. decades of screaming every nights for hours can wear the vocal cords for sure. then, what!! we stop to play because of it? i tell myself that if people are willing to pay even knowing the singer doesn't sing for real,why not? they still perform a super dooper show.

i won't go to see DT anymore because labrie and his pathetic performance.would i go if he decided to lipsync? i guess yes,because then,i wouldn't feel ashame every time he try his luck as singing.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

12. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by KG View Post
    I'm sure we can all understand singers not being able to hit notes of yesteryear, that's just life(for the most part). That being said, I kinda think if bands want people/fans to look back on their career positively, they would quit singing live way before they get to the point where they're lipsyncing, or whatever. My thought is, just put out studio albums where you can make everything as good/bad as you want to, and you don't have to recreate it, night after night. We all know the pull of touring money can make even the best throw common sense out-the-window.
    Make a lot money. Make a lot of f’n money. - Gene Simmons talking to a friend of a friend who had the opportunity to be the only opener for KISS