Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 126 of 132 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,512 of 1574
  1. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Godsmack, though talented, are totally unoriginal to the point of naming themselves after an AIC tune.
    They were the nail in the coffin as far as grunge goes.

2. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by therocker View Post
    Am I wrong? Are they a hard rock act with an overly metal name? Or they a metal band with an overly metal name?

I'm just making an observation that other than Black Sabbath ( who don't consider themselves metal ) and Judas Priest ( that do consider their selves metal but IMO are just a hard rock band)

...bands that have religious names try hard to be hard. Such as GodSmack. Want to be metal but are just a hard rock group and not a very good one either. IMO. I know a lot of people like GodSmack but .... Boring!
    They are a hard rock band only because heavy metal got heavier. Tabasco is still hot sauce though there’s now ghost pepper sauce.

3. Registered User

Lordy... why can't we just ROCK???

4. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    They are a hard rock band only because heavy metal got heavier. Tabasco is still hot sauce though there’s now ghost pepper sauce.

Wow! I like that. Makes a good point. I don't know if metals has gotten heavier or just more wide spread and diverse. There are so many genres, I can't keep up.

To me metal is like super hero movies. How many am I supposed to care about?

5. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by therocker View Post
    Wow! I like that. Makes a good point. I don't know if metals has gotten heavier or just more wide spread and diverse. There are so many genres, I can't keep up.

To me metal is like super hero movies. How many am I supposed to care about?
    Who said you had to ? Looks to me that you're inventing something to be annoyed by.
    Way Too Much Crap

6. Professional Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by MasterBlaster56 View Post
    Lordy... why can't we just ROCK???
    How about it?

I've always been a bit irked by the need to break everything into sub-genres. I understand the desire to do so to some degree, but it just seems to lead to division amongst fans more than anything.

7. Comrade Tim

Quote Originally Posted by jester2937 View Post
    How about it?

I've always been a bit irked by the need to break everything into sub-genres. I understand the desire to do so to some degree, but it just seems to lead to division amongst fans more than anything.
    ^ This. Listen to, write, play whatever music gives you what you need...if fans dig it, more the better....I don't break my music down into genres...it's just music to me....I'll go from the Phantom of the Opera soundtrack to Garth Brooks to Everlast to Cradle of Filth all on my morning commute - just because....it's music and it all feeds the soul....

Kit Pix
    Pearl | Aquarian | Zildjian | Vater | Yamaha

8. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah Hex View Post
    ^ This. Listen to, write, play whatever music gives you what you need...if fans dig it, more the better....I don't break my music down into genres...it's just music to me....I'll go from the Phantom of the Opera soundtrack to Garth Brooks to Everlast to Cradle of Filth all on my morning commute - just because....it's music and it all feeds the soul....
    You had me right up until “Garth Brooks”. LOL
    Way Too Much Crap

9. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Who said you had to ? Looks to me that you're inventing something to be annoyed by.
    Not annoyed at all. I originally said I've never heard a song by LOG and it turned into this whole thing.

Are you a fan of the Lamb? What's the ultimate song I should listen to? If there's one song by them that is superior to their other material let me know and I'll give it a listen.

I only know the catholic prayer Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world. Have mercy on us. Lamb of God you take away the sins if the world. Grant us peace.

Sounds like metal lyrics. Bands have been dipping in the communion plate for material for years.

I don't really have a point. I never said no one can like a band or everyone should. I'm just saying metal bands have a history of trying to be heavy so hard that ( to me ) it comes off as lame and lacking character.

I don't have time in my day to day life to be annoyed by them though.

10. Drumming Since 1943

Well, LoG used to be called Burn the Priest, a name which I MUCH prefer.

As far as their music... meh. It's... very staccato and repetitive. I prefer melody in my metal, a la Maiden, Priest, Queensryche, etc. But they seem like a good bunch of dudes and until Chris left, have head the same lineup for a long time.
    Way Too Much Crap

11. NO KIT TOO BIG

On very different matters, I just got to meet and chat to this guy after the first gig (of a 5 night sold out run at Ronnie Scott's in London), utter legend, great band that grooved like hell and a really down to earth guy.

Name:  67220491_2291371967779848_8856550214522109952_n.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  42.2 KB
    Pearl, Natal, Ludwig, Tama, Slingerland, Premier Drums
    Zildjian, Sabian, Zyn Cymbals
    PEARL, LUDWIG, TAMA, YAMAHA, NATAL and DW Snares

Roland, Dauz, FAT KAT and Koby Electronics, and loads of Percussion

4 Kits and 8 Snares, and I still don't have enough!

12. Registered User

Who is that RD24? Just kidding! That's awesome! Steve is a drum legend for sure!