Already have the exact one on order.
    Copycat

5. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    Copycat
    I only steal from the best.
    Way Too Much Crap

6. Registered User

Looks like Steven Adler is not doing well...

GnR Drummer Steven Adler Hospitalized After Possible Suicide Attempt

7. life start at 125bpm

damned dope.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

8. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    damned dope.
    Would that make him suicidal or is it the fact he has the emotional instability to attempt suicide in the first place makes him turn to dope?

9. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by melvinspeed View Post
    His press agent says " not a suicide attempt and Steven has been clean for years. It's a superficial wound and Steven plans on playing an up coming gig with his band Adler's Appetite."

10. life start at 125bpm

Would that make him suicidal or is it the fact he has the emotional instability to attempt suicide in the first place makes him turn to dope?
    ..generally,people plagued by recuring troubles of the personalty or severe bi-polarity , are walking into drugs OR alcool to alleviate the burden .

NOT everyone reacts the same to their own mental instability ,but it's something noticeable.drug-alcool seems the easy cure; temporary,yes,but still efficient for some...

alcool may exacerbate or tame the phenom,but it's of course a game of russian roulette because you can't predict how you will react to the drug intake on any given day....and this becomes slowly a devil's circle, which sometimes lead to suicidal tendencies. when you can't see the end of the sufferings,suicide is the ''easy'' solution.

when someone is dying from an '''accidental''' overdose,most of the times it's more a suicide by medication than anything else.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

11. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    ..generally,people plagued by recuring troubles of the personalty or severe bi-polarity , are walking into drugs OR alcool to alleviate the burden .

NOT everyone reacts the same to their own mental instability ,but it's something noticeable.drug-alcool seems the easy cure; temporary,yes,but still efficient for some...

alcool may exacerbate or tame the phenom,but it's of course a game of russian roulette because you can't predict how you will react to the drug intake on any given day....and this becomes slowly a devil's circle, which sometimes lead to suicidal tendencies. when you can't see the end of the sufferings,suicide is the ''easy'' solution.

when someone is dying from an '''accidental''' overdose,most of the times it's more a suicide by medication than anything else.
    From my experience, most of the people who turn to drugs or alcohol are those hiding from something. Think about all the kids who go this direction after they were molested where they were on a perfectly normal path prior to.

Granted, he didn’t have very responsible parents that allowed him to hang on the LA Strip when he was 15 in the first place, but I read Adler said he was raped when he was a teenager.

12. life start at 125bpm

From my experience, most of the people who turn to drugs or alcohol are those hiding from something. Think about all the kids who go this direction after they were molested where they were on a perfectly normal path prior to.

Granted, he didn’t have very responsible parents that allowed him to hang on the LA Strip when he was 15 in the first place, but I read Adler said he was raped when he was a teenager.
    well...the example you describe here is related to traumatism suffered at young age, wich then is carried all along the victim's life.

in case of some artists,often , existential questionnings can lead to drugs and alcool,this being used to tame the stress of the profession.

then,there's examples and stories of declining artists who got a successfull career for an X amount of time-years -decades ; some gets traumatized by the fact,they don't exerce the same appeal than when they were hype ,they suddenly see their money intake decreasing fast,and there's also the sociological aspect tied to such situation. to get a release from the mental struggles ;
    alcool AND drugs is used to again tame the stress related to ''what the futur will be made of when i'm done.......'''' .then,the addiction is only couple steps away.you can't stop,you're into this infernal circle,you need the '''medication'''' to keep yourself functionnal....then,the contact with reality may hit from time to time.depression is knocking at the door. then, the suicide solution's shadow start to follow like a dark cloud.always there, like an irresistible option......that is the final stage where some are found inert after '''an accidental overdose'''; they know they are at a point where their intake is increasing to dangerous levels,but uncounciously,they want all this to end.

this example is more the reflect of what
    some artists must have to go trough : existencial considerations of their lost ''stars ''' which instills fear....stress....which then drives toward depression,and then drugs or alccool to tame the physical effects of depression on the body....still,the same ride toward suicide VIA medication, hard dopes or alcool is considered '''delivrance''' by the suffering individual.

so many artists from the present and the past walked trough suicide bt drugs,alcool,medication : marylyn munroe.....witney houston...morrisson....many have tyheir names tied to the phenom.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    sabian HHX's/AAX's