Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 120 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124 LastLast
Results 1,429 to 1,440 of 1488
  1. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by melvinspeed View Post
    Wow. That's incredibly sad news. And amazing it was a secret for so long.

Although I'm not sure anyone is crying over Yoko's masters getting destroyed.
    I think the messed up part is for 11 years they hid it from so many people including the artists themselves.

2. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    I think the messed up part is for 11 years they hid it from so many people including the artists themselves.
    Human nature. For 90% of the planet’s population, being a **** is the first inclination. Cynical but accurate.
    Way Too Much Crap

3. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Human nature. For 90% of the planet’s population, being a **** is the first inclination. Cynical but accurate.
    No doubt. But as JY points out, not surprising.

4. Registered User

Who cares? They artists only find out when they're told they can't put out their 75th reissue box set.

5. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

This is exactly how I remember feeling after being front row at the Philadelphia GNR/Aerosmith show in 1989. For a quick moment they even mention that show. https://youtu.be/9LfkcBFgwxk

6. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bri6366 View Post
    Who cares? They artists only find out when they're told they can't put out their 75th reissue box set.
    Actually, all these masters getting destroyed is a big deal.

7. Registered User

This is exactly how I remember feeling after being front row at the Philadelphia GNR/Aerosmith show in 1989. For a quick moment they even mention that show. https://youtu.be/9LfkcBFgwxk
    'Twas Areosmith and GnR. ( see other thread)

( I posted there first then came here and you gave me the answer) we also share being clairvoyant!

8. Vintage 1968

I saw GNR open for Motley Crue back then. It amazes me that they could even perform if there level of use was that high. I know piddling with the local scene growing up the local musicians who were heavy users were too unpredictable and unreliable to really get anywhere as part of a band.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain View Post
    Actually, all these masters getting destroyed is a big deal.
    So true. In the future they could use those tapes to remaster and update the sound (clarify) of those songs and let a whole new generation hear them with an updated sound. I'm thinking about all of the reissures that have come out recently with the old songs remastered where they've cleaned up the production on some songs. Brought the bass up in the mix, tweaked the drums to sound livelier, etc.. They will lose a lot of that without having access to the master tapes.

I've been listening to the Cars remasters that Ric Ocasek did a few years ago (The Elektra Years 1978 - 1987) and he really brought out the drums in the mix and I love it. The songs still sound like you remember, but with the remastering you can hear the instruments better/clearer.

P.S. I learned a whole new level of respect for Bill Ward once I heard some of the old Sabbath on better stereo equipment where I could really hear all his drumming.
    Random obscure cool group from my youth:

9. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by dudme View Post
    I saw GNR open for Motley Crue back then. It amazes me that they could even perform if there level of use was that high. I know piddling with the local scene growing up the local musicians who were heavy users were too unpredictable and unreliable to really get anywhere as part of a band.
    If they did not have a money making machine behind them, they would be the same.

10. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by therocker View Post
    'Twas Areosmith and GnR. ( see other thread)

( I posted there first then came here and you gave me the answer) we also share being clairvoyant!
    Even though they opened, it was GNR with Aerosmith to me.

11. Vintage 1968

If they did not have a money making machine behind them, they would be the same.
    Name:  STEVEN ADLER YOU RIGHT.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  47.1 KB
    Random obscure cool group from my youth:

12. Registered User

Same here. Saw that tour when it came to STL. Was definitely there to see GnR. Problem was that they did not have the sound for an Arena show. The venue swallowed up the sound.