Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 112 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122 ... LastLast
Results 1,333 to 1,344 of 1514
  1. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by hipodilski View Post
    I really enjoyed his book, he seems like a really nice guy.
    Did you really? Of all the rock autobiography’s I’ve read, that may have been the most elementary and basic of them all. Nice guy and all but it didn’t really tell us anything except for some road stories and how much he loves Jesus.
    Way Too Much Crap

2. a.k.a. YtseJam

Well, it's not really a rock biography, as it only pertains to one single gig - his 2 or so years with Ozzy. But it seemed like a honest and easy read, and also gave an insight to what life on the road used to be like in those days. Also, the jesus thing was very briefly mentioned at the end, so it didn't really bother me.

3. Masterworks

Quote Originally Posted by AL PERCIVAL View Post
    Yay!!!!! - this made my day! This is PDF member DRUMGODPC3. I'm so happy for Chris!!!
    Welcome to the Pearl Family!!!!!!

Pearl Drums Europe

Christopher Williams from ACCEPT has officially joined the Pearl ranks! Please join us in wishing Christopher a big and warm welcome to the Pearl family!
    P.S. Christopher’s new Pearl Masters Maple Reserve kit will go live for the first time on ACCEPT'S upcoming European Symphonic Terror tour starting this Saturday.

Learn More: http://www.pearleurope.com/news/news...-pearl-roster/
    This made me smile! Christopher is a phenomenal drummer as well !!
    Masterworks - Purple Sparkle Burst
    Masters MCX - Cranberry Fade
    DW Collector's Maple/Mahogany - Blue Glass

Masters Army

4. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by ntime View Post
    This made me smile! Christopher is a phenomenal drummer as well !!
    DUDE! Where'd you disappear to?
    Way Too Much Crap

5. Vintage 1968

Yay!!!!! - this made my day! This is PDF member DRUMGODPC3. I'm so happy for Chris!!!
    Welcome to the Pearl Family!!!!!!

Pearl Drums Europe

Christopher Williams from ACCEPT has officially joined the Pearl ranks! Please join us in wishing Christopher a big and warm welcome to the Pearl family!
    P.S. Christopher’s new Pearl Masters Maple Reserve kit will go live for the first time on ACCEPT'S upcoming European Symphonic Terror tour starting this Saturday.

Learn More: http://www.pearleurope.com/news/news...-pearl-roster/
    Speaking of Chris:

Video: ACCEPT Performs With Orchestra In Saint Petersburg, Russia

Name:  acceptleningrad2019_638.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  121.5 KB

German/American metallers ACCEPT launched the "Symphonic Terror Tour" on April 20 in Wuppertal, Germany. The trek sees the band accompanied by a symphony orchestra, presenting such ACCEPT anthems as "Princess Of The Dawn", "Breaker", "Fast As A Shark" and "Metal Heart", as well as to newer songs like "Stalingrad", "Shadow Soldiers" and "Teutonic Terror".

Fan-filmed video footage of ACCEPT's April 27 concert in Saint Petersburg, Russia can be seen below.

ACCEPT performed with an orchestra for the first time at the 2017 edition of the Wacken Open Air festival in Wacken, Germany. The concert was professionally recorded and filmed and released last November as a live set, "Symphonic Terror - Live At Wacken 2017", via Nuclear Blast.

"This was a mash-up of intensity and precision," guitarist Wolf Hoffmann said about the fusion of heavy metal and classical music. "The fans are extremely open-minded, but I was nervous 'till the last minute before the show anyway. After all, it's still a metal festival! But I think that, after many years of ACCEPT combining both worlds, fans have started to really accept this concept."

After the Wacken performance, Hoffmann told TotalRock's Whitney Alyson Ribbins: "It was phenomenal. We didn't really know what to expect. We did some rehearsals and stuff, but that was the first time we were ever on stage with an orchestra. It was totally different to what we normally do, but it sounded fantastic and it felt great. Everybody was smiling, the orchestra people had a lot of fun, the conductor was in a great mood and everybody was, like, 'This is fun.' It all went really, really smooth and it couldn't have gone better."

He continued: "A lot of preparation went into it — months of talking about it and organizing everything and writing the scores and writing all the sheet music for everybody, because playing with an orchestra, you can't just jam."

Earlier in the month, ACCEPT announced the addition of Martin Motnik on bass and Ava-Rebekah Rahman on violin.

Born in Ludwigshafen, Germany, Motnik has been playing music since he was seven years old and has been a member of several bands, both in Germany and the United States. He was asked by Uli Jon Roth to join him for his 2008 U.S. tour and again in 2009 and 2012. In addition to his musical talent, Motnik also has a Master's Degree in business from the University of Mannheim.

"We were overwhelmed and honored by the musicians who auditioned for the open position," said Hoffmann. "The level of talent we saw was unprecedented, and we believe Martin Motnik is a perfect fit as he'll be joining us for the 'Symphonic Terror' tour and upcoming ACCEPT shows."

ACCEPT performed with a stand-in bass player, Danny Silvestri, aboard this year's 70000 Tons Of Metal cruise, which ran from January 31 to February 4. Silvestri stepped into ACCEPT following last year's departure of ACCEPT's founding bassist Peter Baltes.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/vid...rsburg-russia/
    Random obscure cool group from my youth:

6. Empowered Individual

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    I was thinking the same thing!

Welcome back!

7. Masterworks

I've been around, lol.

Masters Army

8. Drumming Since 1943

I've been around, lol.
    Was just looking through my “friends” list in my settings and you’re still there. The only other one left who’s still here from the early days is Dale.
    Way Too Much Crap

9. Pearl Corporation USA

Was just looking through my “friends” list in my settings and you’re still there. The only other one left who’s still here from the early days is Dale.
    ………. and me.

KISS uses Gibson guitars and PEARL drums because they want the Best!

10. Drumming Since 1943

………. and me.
    Well that’s a given buddy...
    Way Too Much Crap

11. Masterworks

Quote Originally Posted by TWH View Post
    I was thinking the same thing!

Welcome back!
    Thanks! It's definitely been a long time.

Masters Army

12. Empowered Individual

Thanks! It's definitely been a long time.
    I still remember the “stinky” SMX.....

As I recall, Pearl hooked you up with an MCX? And you also got a masterworks?