Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Registered User

Kinda sorta near Pittsburgh (right at the tristate area)

Default Gig survival kits

I'm putting together a proper "gig survival kit" instead of just carrying random stuff in random cases.

What do you guys put in yours? Does anyone take extra stuff for the rest of your band members? (cords, picks, mics...)

So far I have some felts, wing nuts, hi hat clutch, pen, marker, pliers, stubby flat/phillips screw driver, razor, pen knife, snare straps, tension rods, washers, drum key, zip ties, some electrical tape, and some masking tape.

I was also considering taking a string winder, tuner, picks, maybe a spare instrument cord and an sm75 as a backup and I want to get a set of allen keys as well.

Pictures are very welcome!

2. ...A mind like Water...

Those are all great things, but you definitely don't want TOO much stuff as it may take you forever to find something. SO long as you have a way of keeping everything separate.

Definitely have multiple drum keys. Also don't forget cymbal sleeves, maybe a spare bass drum beater (Or two) if something goes wrong.
    Owner of two gorgeous Pearl Masters kits. Metal drummer, music and drums for life!

3. Looks That Kill

I bought a fishing tackle box for this purpose, it has little sections for all the things I may need, I keep a couple high hat clutches in there, extra tension rods, cymbal felts, pedal spare parts etc
    Pearl Masters Maple Complete Bombay Sparkle
    Pearl Masters Maple Complete Matte Natural
    Pearl Masters Maple Complete Matte Black
    Yamaha Stage Custom Birch Raven Black

4. ...A mind like Water...

Quote Originally Posted by CUZNRED View Post
    I bought a fishing tackle box for this purpose, it has little sections for all the things I may need, I keep a couple high hat clutches in there, extra tension rods, cymbal felts, pedal spare parts etc
    That's a good idea!
    Owner of two gorgeous Pearl Masters kits. Metal drummer, music and drums for life!

5. Looks That Kill

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Sentiment View Post
    That's a good idea!
    I wish I could take credit for it, I got the idea from a drummer friend of mine.

6. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by CUZNRED View Post
    This. Plus Home Depot and Lowes have some great organizers as well.

One thing you're missing: flashlight

One thing to consider: a small notepad. Everyone's got a pen, no one ever has paper to write charts, set lists, etc.

Two things I used to carry for years and never needed: Spare bass drum beater; spare snare head. YMMV depending on the music you play.

7. Miles Gibbons

Don't forget a spring for your pedal, and whatever screw you need to keep your beater in your pedal! I had a spring snap on me (on a brand new pedal, no less) last weekend. Gorilla Tape is a must have, too... for securing things, emergency drumhead patching, emergency snare wire patching, muffling, etc.

That said; I don't feel responsible for having spare parts for other people. I make sure I have what I need to get myself through an emergency, and I expect everyone else to do the same!

8. Registered User

I forgot to mention I do have a small flashlight in there, plus I always have one in my pocket. I also always have a drum key on my keys as well as one in the case I carry my kick pedal and other small bits in.

I thought about the kick beater, but since I always take my double pedal I figured IF something were to happen to my main beater I would just swap the left in its place since I don't really use double kick enough for it to matter if I don't use it.

At the moment I have a little 12" tool box that my daughter bought me for Christmas and absolutely COULD NOT wait for me to open it. She broke down into tears when I told her I was going to wait until Christmas morning (she's 5). It has a little shelf on top with a few dividers and the lid had 2 little compartments in it as well. I also have a couple small tins to use to separate things.

9. NO KIT TOO BIG

I've got a small flight case, containing:
    - Craft divider (with drum keys, snare string, wing nuts(6mm & 8mm), washers (4 sizes), felts, 2 Hi hat clutches, cymbal sleeves, moon gel, cable ties etc.)
    - Extension Lead
    - Pen and paper
    - Mighty Bright music stand light
    - Phone charger/USB adaptor
    - Electrical & gaffa tape
    - Small tool kit (scissors, pliers, grippers, screwdrivers, allen keys, torch)
    - Mic spares (mic clips, stand adaptors, cable adaptors etc.)

Just about anything i could need on a gig, always kept in the back of my car.
    Pearl, Natal, Ludwig, Tama, Slingerland, Premier Drums
    Zildjian, Sabian, Zyn Cymbals
    PEARL, LUDWIG, TAMA, YAMAHA, NATAL and DW Snares

Roland, Dauz, FAT KAT and Koby Electronics, and loads of Percussion

4 Kits and 8 Snares, and I still don't have enough!

10. Registered User

So here is where I am right now. My screwdriver is in my stick bag at the moment and I just grabbed a small notepad to add to here. (It's not pictured) I would like to replace the masking tape with gaff tape eventually as well. You can also never go wrong carrying extra business cards or a little tiny med kit.

Name:  image-1718667057.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  84.4 KB

I didn't realize that I had some sleeves and a pedal spring in the one case I had for parts, so that helps lol.

Name:  image-1030270652.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  86.2 KB

11. The Sensitone Guy

Here's mine: Pedal, clutch, misc parts, drum key, home made muffling junk, microphone, instrument cable, picks, power cable, mic cable, duct tape, etc. I don't carry tools in my kit since I already have some in the car.

Name:  IMG_2025.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  119.4 KB

12. Looks That Kill

One of these would be a good idea as well

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Tama/Drum-multi-tool-1500000004112.gc?cntry=us&source=4WWRWXGP&gclid=EA IaIQobChMIvb7UmMrp1wIVUUsNCh3KYQgfEAQYAiABEgIdsPD_ BwE&kwid=productads-adid^57619015002-device^c-plaid^175023909627-sku^[email protected]^PLA