Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sksmith2500 View Post
    Thanks for the compliments guys! Another question...... Does anyone know what new Pearl replacement floor tom leg brackets would look at home on these older drums? I'm leaning towards a more modern mount, due to the fact that I got new legs, and updated the bass spurs. I would like something that doesn't require drilling. Without updating the mounts, of a source for gaskets for the old original mounts? Thanks, Steve
    The new floor tom legs with the bouncy feet and memory locks are nice. Will they not fit the floor tom leg mounts on your FT ?

Share a pic of the FT leg mounts if you can. I'm sure someone here can tell you if you can just bolt them up or if you will have to mod.

Note : I don't think " Bouncy Feet " is the official name Pearl uses!

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by therocker View Post
    The new floor tom legs with the bouncy feet and memory locks are nice. Will they not fit the floor tom leg mounts on your FT ?

Share a pic of the FT leg mounts if you can. I'm sure someone here can tell you if you can just bolt them up or if you will have to mod.

Note : I don't think " Bouncy Feet " is the official name Pearl uses!
    Rocker,
    The new legs fit the original leg mounts, just thinking newer mounts would look more in place with the upgraded spurs (SP-30's) and the modern Optimounts for the mounted toms.
    I'm looking at the LB-40 leg mounts, but not sure what the bolt spacing is on them. And I don't want to order them and have them not fit correctly.
    Here's a pic of the original mount.
    Name:  Floor Tom Mount.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  68.9 KB
    Thanks,
    Steve

3. Registered User

Yes! Those floor tom brackets could use an update! .

Name:  image-1870958455.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  148.3 KB

Found this. Says screw spacing is 5cm.

I did a little search. Some prices were $20.+ on some sites. These guys have them for $17.

4. Registered User

Thanks Rocker. I have some on order, along with some matching wingnuts & wingbolts for the bass spurs.
    Steve

5. Recent Pearl Convert

Yeah man! These came out great. I did a very similar thing to my MLX's. I love the old pre-Masters coffin lugs. I've never actually heard of the USA Maple line... what's the difference between those and the old MX's? Anyone know?

https://www.pearldrummersforum.com/s...ct-quot-thread