Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Registered User

Default Pink Ribbon Pearl Kit

With October being breast cancer awareness month I thought I'd share this Pearl kit I found while searching some breast cancer ribbon images.

My sister Jan had a double mastectomy this morning. My niece just reported that every thing in surgery went great. Always remember to show the women in our lives the love they so much deserve.

Cheers.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. The Sensitone Guy

Sorry to hear about your sister. Glad she's doing OK considering. When it's all done, tell her that she's still beautiful.

I'm not really into pink drums, but these actually look cool. I like the swirl. I'm thinking a green would look even better. Oh well, pink has special meaning. And they look terrific.

3. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by Andy H View Post
    Sorry to hear about your sister. Glad she's doing OK considering. When it's all done, tell her that she's still beautiful.

I'm not really into pink drums, but these actually look cool. I like the swirl. I'm thinking a green would look even better. Oh well, pink has special meaning. And they look terrific.
    Not into pink aesthetically, but that's for a great cause and like Andy said, make sure to tell her she is as beautiful as ever. Women rule, men suck. Cancer sucks harder.
    Way Too Much Crap

4. Registered User

Thanks guys! It means a lot. I think the kit looks pretty cool. I wonder if it was a raffle/ auction kit or just something someone had made for a benefit. Maybe Pearl themselves made it.

None the less, my sister is recovering and in good spirits.

5. A Passion Play ...

I think it is a Pearl limited edition kit. More important is your Sisters health.
    A full and cancer free recovery. All the best to you and to her my friend.
    Eric G : Pearl,pAiSTe,Remo,Vic Firth,SKB,Roc n Soc,Roland V-Drums. Masters MCX Chestnut fade.
    22"x18",10"x8",12"x9",16"x16". Ian Paice Snare. Why not ...

6. Registered User

Prayers to your sister, and family, my friend!

If I had extra kingo kicking around, I would buy that kit, and rock it at gigs to promote the cause!

Glad your sister is recovering, stay positive

7. Drumming Since 1943

"Thoughts and prayers!"
    Way Too Much Crap

8. Registered User

I can't express enough my appreciation of the kind words. She's home and recovering. Thanks so much!

Marty

9. Drummer since 1963

Hope your sister is resting comfortably. A single is traumatic for any woman let alone a double. Hope her recovery goes well.

Cool kit and for a good cause.

10. Registered User

Kinda sorta near Pittsburgh (right at the tristate area)

Hey Marty, you changed your avatar! I didn't realize it was you that made this thread until your last post in here... Apparently I don't read names, oops lol

Glad everything went well with the surgery and that she is doing well.

11. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Gerber View Post
    Hope your sister is resting comfortably. A single is traumatic for any woman let alone a double. Hope her recovery goes well. Cool kit and for a good cause.
    Thanks Ron. I have to correct the post. It wasn't a double as I first believed. So if there's any good news it's that it wasn't a double mastectomy. I had talked to my sister and my mom a month or so back about it and I was under the impression it was plural. Thanks again!

12. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fuller89 View Post
    Hey Marty, you changed your avatar! I didn't realize it was you that made this thread until your last post in here... Apparently I don't read names, oops lol Glad everything went well with the surgery and that she is doing well.
    Yes, I changed the avatar to the pink ribbon kit. I've changed it several times over the past few years. I think the Pearl logo snare head and sticks has been my avatar the longest. My sister is doing well. I think my wife and I are going to take her supper tonight.