Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

• Home
  1. Registered User

Default Likely Time Between Approving Finish Sample and Delivery of Kit?

A question for those who already own Masterworks kits I suppose, although someone from the company may be able to shed some light on the order of events when it comes to building and then finishing a Masterworks kit.

I'm in the UK and I placed the order for my Masterworks kit in late June and a sample of the factory's attempt to create bespoke sunburst lacquer I requested (using a couple of shots of a Yamaha Live Custom kit in amber shadow sunburst) will be arriving for me by post tomorrow.

Now, assuming I'm happy with the sample I receive tomorrow and approve it, how long might I expect to wait before receiving notification that my kit has left the factory on its six-week trans-oceanic journey to the retailer via whom I ordered it? I expect this is determined in large part by whether or not the shells will already have been manufactured prior to the finish sample having been sent out, but I have no idea of the order in which things are done.

Alternatively, if there are amendments I feel I need to suggest, how long make it take for a second sample based on my feedback to reach me?

2. Experienced Noob

I started a thread back when I ordered my Masterworks in 2015 & in the first post, documented each step worth mentioning in the ordering/waiting process. Supposedly the time frames were recently tightened up so I couldn't say my experience is representative of what you will experience. Still, this should give you some idea of what to expect.

My thread: https://www.pearldrummersforum.com/s...ine&highlight=

As far as 2nd finish samples are concerned, however long it takes for the first one is how long you should expect it to take for a 2nd. They have to start from scratch for each one, so don't expect a 2nd sample to come any quicker than the first one.

3. Registered User

I just bought a Masterworks kit. The lead time is about four months from the time the order is submitted until it shows up, at least in US. I would imagine that the UK would be on a similar timeframe. If the shells are already built, then perhaps it may be a bit shorter but from watching videos from other manufacturers, it seems that the painting and all of that is the most time-consuming aspect of building a drum. I ordered my drums in April, the date code on the shells they were completed in June and the kit showed up in Nashville in early August.
    Paiste Wishlist - contact me if you have any of these for sale or trade:
    Visions 5" cup chime
    Visions 14" china
    2002 22" Novo China
    Signature Reflector 16" heavy full crash
    Signature Reflector 20" heavy full crash

4. I play with myself.

Sounds about right to me. Once you have an approved finish, and you "officially" place the order (that can sometimes take a few weeks after you submit to your dealer), then give yourself at least 4 solid months of waiting. To be safe, plan on 6 months though. Samples can take up to 30 plus days to receive. That part can add a lot to your overall order wait. I have requested about 5 samples now, and historically they all took at least a month to receive, sometimes longer.
    Pearl - Paiste - Aquarian - Trick Pedals - Pro Mark - Gibraltar - Tama Throne

5. Registered User

I think they've stated that they've cut down the wait time to four months from Order to arrival but I don't know if that applied to the UK.
    Paiste Wishlist - contact me if you have any of these for sale or trade:
    Visions 5" cup chime
    Visions 14" china
    2002 22" Novo China
    Signature Reflector 16" heavy full crash
    Signature Reflector 20" heavy full crash