Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. I play with myself.

Exclamation My new (custom) MRV in Red Sparkle!

I wanted to share my new MRV drums with everyone. Pearl was kind enough to allow me a special order of #163 Red Sparkle on my order. I finally received them this past week. I also ordered a matching 12x7 snare, and I have a red sparkle/carbon fiber 20 ply 13x7 Masterworks snare still coming. Not pictured is the 18x16 floor tom, that was delayed some, but it is coming.

Specs are:

22x18 (2)
    18x16 (on order still)
    16x16
    13x9
    12x8
    10x7
    12x7 Soprano Snare

Paiste 2002 cymbals

Trick pedals
    PDP/Gibraltar Rack
    Pearl tom holders/boom arms
    Tama throne
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Pearl - Paiste - Aquarian - Trick Pedals - Pro Mark - Gibraltar - Tama Throne

2. I play with myself.

More all set up

3. I play with myself.

Last one for now! Enjoy!

4. Drumming-4-Life

I bet the Fat-Tone hoops really help the toms sing. What hoops did they put on the matching maple snare? Superhoop or 1.6? The rack looks solid too!

5. I play with myself.

The Soprano snare has the nice superhoops. I would have loved Mastercast hoops. My MW 13x7 is an 8 lug with the new Mastercast 8 lug 13" hoops though! I was shocked when Tom told me they make them now! That will sound amazing! This 12x7 snare is so cool. It pops like nothing I have played before. I love it! I will keep it on the left side when the MW snare arrives though.

Edit: Maybe they are not superhoops? They feel thick to me! I don't see the engraving though?

6. Drumming-4-Life

Quote Originally Posted by ROMAN View Post
    The Soprano snare has the nice superhoops. I would have loved Mastercast hoops. My MW 13x7 is an 8 lug with the new Mastercast 8 lug 13" hoops though! I was shocked when Tom told me they make them now! That will sound amazing! This 12x7 snare is so cool. It pops like nothing I have played before. I love it! I will keep it on the left side when the MW snare arrives though.

Edit: Maybe they are not superhoops? They feel thick to me! I don't see the engraving though?
    That makes me want to redo my Omar Hakim snare with the new Mastercast hoops, tube lugs, and the new click-loc strainer, but the cost is prohibitive for that kind of make over.

7. Experienced Noob

Your kit looks awesome. Congratulations on getting it in & hopefully the 18" floor comes soon. My favorite part of it all are the fully lacquered kick hoops. Those look really sharp.

8. I play with myself.

I agree, I don't like half finished hoops. This kit is basically a MW IMO. Full finish, just amazing hardware and the sound is out of this world. I love the bass drums the most. They are very responsive and sound very warm/deep. The toms/snare need Aquarian heads next. Some Performance 2s I think on the toms.

9. Pearl Corporation USA

The finish turned out much more "cherry" that I thought it would - looks great!!!

Pearl Corporation USA | Nashville

10. Pearl Masters Drummer

Ryan,

That kit is smokin' dude and I love the tom sizes. 10, 12, 13 across the front always sounds great! Congratulations on another amazing Masters kit!!!

Justin

11. I play with myself.

I love the tom sizes as well. Lucky enough, Pearl had the 10x7 and 12x8 in a shell pack, which saved me from ordering each drum individually. I would have liked to have went with shorter (depth) floors, but that wasn't possible in MRV. I love 16x13 and 18x14 floors like I had on my last MW.

12. Registered User

gorgeous!... Drool!