Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TMdrums View Post
    Nice kit Elessar! Love the TW color! Maybe add some big floor toms in the future to get those thunderous lows Tony's old Gretsch kit use to produce.
    Great idea! If the extra floor toms come with roadies and the ability to execute lightning-fast Swiss triplets, I'm in.

2. Thwunk

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    I popped on some Remo CS Black Dot batter heads, and got instant Tony Williams tones! They're rumbly and warm while still being focused and punchy. Now all I have to do is work on my chops! Tony's quite a lot to live up to.

As a result of bringing the pitch of my toms up some, I'm using a different snare with the set. I can't stand snare buzz, and I'm too lazy to retune. :-)
    Yes! Love the look of the kit with those heads (amazing quality heads too). Awesome
    HHX hats, K crashes, Bosphorus & Agop rides
    Snares: Yamaha Bamboo Custom 5.5x14 / Ludwig Classic Maple 8x14, Black Beauty 5x14, COB Supraphonic 6.5x14, Acrolite 5x14
    Pearl Reference Pure (matte walnut) / Yamaha Maple Custom Absolute (plum lacquer)

3. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    Great idea! If the extra floor toms come with roadies and the ability to execute lightning-fast Swiss triplets, I'm in.
    That's about right! Love TW's drumming!