Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Registered User

Hi,

I use a good old Remo Muff'l on the inside of the batter head with the Powerstroke 3 heads and it sounds great. I have a suspended internal kick drum mic so I like this option because it's completely stable and doesn't require positioning.

It creates the same effect as a Super Kick head (and the Muff'l is probably what inspired it).

MM
    2016 Masterworks / ES Comet Sparkle

18x20 KD, 14x16 FT, 12x14 FT, 10x12 TT, 8x10 TT, 5.5x13 SD

2017 Masterworks Cocktail Kit / ES Comet Sparkle

16x16 KD (verticle), 4x10 SD, 6x8 TT, 5x12 TT

2. Registered User

I prefer to stuff little pieces of fleece cloth inside my kick drum. It's very light weight and seems to absorb sound better than normal cloth. If my bass drum is too boomy or too dead, I just reach inside and either add or remove pieces of fleece.

3. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by MusicMan View Post
    Hi,

I use a good old Remo Muff'l on the inside of the batter head with the Powerstroke 3 heads and it sounds great. I have a suspended internal kick drum mic so I like this option because it's completely stable and doesn't require positioning.

It creates the same effect as a Super Kick head (and the Muff'l is probably what inspired it).

MM
    I like the Remo Muff'l, but I don't like the plastic tray, and how the tray holds the foam. The foam ring eventually falls out of the tray, into the shell of the kick drum. That's why I'm either going to try a Power Stroke Pro, or a single-ply EMAD. The PSPro has the same foam used in the Muff'l but with no plastic tray.
    I'M INTERESTED IN SELLING SOME OF MY PEARL SNARE DRUMS AND/OR SELLING THE BLACK HARDWARE ONLY. IF YOU WANT TO CHECK THEM OUT, CLICK THE LINK FOR MY WEBSITE BELOW. GO TO DRUMS/SNARE DRUMS. MESSAGE ME WITH ANY OFFERS.

My website ===> CLICK HERE
    My eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE