Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
  1. Vintage 1968

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    You just slip and fall while you are going from the pee that drunk guy with bad aim got all over the area of the ceramic that your standing on. I heard it's actually healthier for you to go that way.

It was amazing. Buy your tickets in advance though to skip that awful line or you might have to be like us by overpaying through a terrible tour guide just to skip the line.
    I did a Italian Cruise back in '07 on one of the world cruise ships (you buy a block of dates and you get on the boat in one port/country and get off at another; the boat keeps cruising the world). Beautiful country, and went from the French Rivera (boarded in Nice) all the way to Venice. Hit the high spots, and even toured the Vatican. An amazing experience that's for sure. Glad you got to see a bit of it while working.
    Random obscure cool group from my youth:

2. Kennedy Camden

Quote Originally Posted by dudme View Post
    I did a Italian Cruise back in '07 on one of the world cruise ships (you buy a block of dates and you get on the boat in one port/country and get off at another; the boat keeps cruising the world). Beautiful country, and went from the French Rivera (boarded in Nice) all the way to Venice. Hit the high spots, and even toured the Vatican. An amazing experience that's for sure. Glad you got to see a bit of it while working.
    That sounds great. I never have been south of Rome. My mom told me when she went to Venice she noticed the water seems taking over the entire first floor of the buildings.

Our original plan was to hit the Vatican, but we didn’t have time. I’m extremely jealous.

3. Vintage 1968

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    That sounds great. I never have been south of Rome. My mom told me when she went to Venice she noticed the water seems taking over the entire first floor of the buildings.

Our original plan was to hit the Vatican, but we didn’t have time. I’m extremely jealous.
    Interesting tidbit; the cruise ship that we took was the original Love Boat from the TV show, The Pacific Princess. It was decommissioned and scrapped in 2014, so it is gone now, but it was in use for different cruise lines for over 40 years. Back in '07 it couldn't compete with the modern cruise ships for island cruising, but it was well suited for cruises where you spent most of your time off the boat exploring.

The Vatican was very cool to tour, but it took an incredibly long time to get though the line. There were some sections I think my aunt decorated, because she hated to see any evidence of the actual wall in a room: every inch was covered with paintings, sculptures, ornaments, ect... even the ceilings.

Parts of Venice floods daily. When we were walking around St Mark's Square you could still see the step stools that they had put out to make elevated walkways around the square.
    Random obscure cool group from my youth: