Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. No Drum on Shabbas!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy H View Post
    Respecting your instrument is important, whether it's a Pearl Forum or a Pearl Masterworks.

Many years ago I was playing in a Blues band. Everyone in the was older than me. The wise old guitar player pointed at another band's drummer and said...

Him: "See that drummer? He's no good."

Me: "How can you tell? He's just setting up."

Him: "He's tossing his drums around like they're junk. Any musician who doesn't respect his instrument isn't any good."
    It's true. My father and grandfather always said to judge a man by how he treats and keeps his tools.

DESPERATELY SEEKING A MHX BASS DRUM WITH A BB-3 TOM MOUNT IN WINE RED

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Big King View Post
    It's true. My father and grandfather always said to judge a man by how he treats and keeps his tools.
    I think your father and grandfather were right. Drums are inanimate objects without feelings or minds. I get that. I think the main reason that you respect your instrument is to honor two kinds of people: those who cannot afford what you have and those who always wanted to play drums but never got the chance.

3. Kennedy Camden

I have a few battle scars on my drums from touring. I even had to replace an entire shell once. It hurts when it happens, but then I get over it.

I find it amusing how gearheads like ourselves cringe at such things happening, but some guitarists actually play extra to have their guitar intentionally abused to have some sort of character. That's as cheesy to me as someone who buys brand new jeans with holes in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Foreman View Post
    Am I the only one who found the mis-matched heads more offensive than the bearing edge?
    Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    *raises hand sheepishly*
    Ha. I noticed that right away too.

4. Registered User

I just wonder how the damage happened. Fall over with out the hoop on? Really, how double you damage the edge on any drum with out destroying the hoop?

5. Registered User

Someone should ask the seller some questions , This is a nice kit and Yes Things happen to musical equipment. I will raise a 3rd hand on the drum heads.
    1. Are you the owner who damaged the shell?
    2. How did such a nice set get some run down and have heads all out of sorts?
    3. Divine Sentiment would have treated them better and could have explained how to be more careful!

That being said I think We all agree the better drummers try to respect any drum set be it any export or a masterworks , And things do happen out live.

Now Who is going to ask the seller "What the Hell Happened" ?
    available
    BLX 14"x 12" artic '' white tom
    MMX 14 x 6.5 SNARE GOLD Hdw
    Purple Mist
    For Sale
    MMX 14x6.5 Gold HDW
    purple Mist snare

6. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by David Hollywood View Post
    If you've got more money than you need, you often don't appreciate what you have. That's a shame.
    This type of damage could also come from an owner than never earned them in the first place.
    My website ===> CLICK HERE
    My eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    My facebook page ===> CLICK HERE
    My YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE