Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. What's in YOUR stickbag?

Default Adding aonther Pearl kit...Midtown this time

So I joined a new band a couple of months ago...and among the full band gigs, they have acoustic gigs interspersed, so I got a cajon, but they are doing a "beefed up" acoustic show, and i felt I needed a kit, but even scaling down my gig kit seemed to much, so I just ordered a Midtown, along with the stands...even got approval from the wifey (I told her I was done buying kits after the Crystal Beat). I'm hoping to have it later this week.

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by StickS707 View Post
    So I joined a new band a couple of months ago...and among the full band gigs, they have acoustic gigs interspersed, so I got a cajon, but they are doing a "beefed up" acoustic show, and i felt I needed a kit, but even scaling down my gig kit seemed to much, so I just ordered a Midtown, along with the stands...even got approval from the wifey (I told her I was done buying kits after the Crystal Beat). I'm hoping to have it later this week.
    Black or Burgundy?

3. What's in YOUR stickbag?

Burgundy, of course...Black Cherry Glitter is the actual wrap...I'm not a fan of wraps, but this kit will only be pulled out occasionally, so I fine with it.

4. What's in YOUR stickbag?

Super impressed with this Midtown. I tried the stock heads, but they just weren't cutting it...close, but not quite. I threw an old Evans HD Dry on the snare and an old set of G1's to use as batters on the tom and floor tom that I had laying around (kept the stock resos on toms and snare). The kick heads are stock and sound pretty good. The floor tom is tuned as low as it will go without the "paper" sound, the rack tom is tuned medium low, and the kick is also tuned medium low....Nice solid and full sound all around.

5. Registered User

Ive been interested in one of these kits for awhile now. That why I ended up building my jungle kit.

But the mid town would have many advantages my diy kit doesn't. Like a tom holder. A suitable snare. Floor tom w/ legs. All meaning I wouldn't need all those clamps.

Name:  image-3798216769.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  88.6 KB

Here's mine. I have been having a lot of fun with it though.

6. What's in YOUR stickbag?

Quote Originally Posted by therocker View Post
    Ive been interested in one of these kits for awhile now. That why I ended up building my jungle kit.

But the mid town would have many advantages my diy kit doesn't. Like a tom holder. A suitable snare. Floor tom w/ legs. All meaning I wouldn't need all those clamps.

Here's mine. I have been having a lot of fun with it though.
    I thought about going with a rig like that, but my current band plays just about every weekend, and acoustics gigs during the week..which would mean converting and reverting the floor tom several times a week.

I may add a small tom or (more likely) my 10" snare to the left of the hi hat at some point.