Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. Bean

Default dw 9002 pedal addition(s)

Saw a YouTube video suggesting that simply changing out the connecting factory provided shaft on the 9002 with a different shaft could yield better results. So I tried an eliminator type shaft, and my broken zero-link shaft that I have from my demon drive experience. The difference was eye opening. With the 9002 shaft the slave beater swiveled back and forth about 8 times. With the eliminator shaft it was 12 times and with the zero link shaft it was 20 times !! Amazing. If the zero link bar was more durable and useable I would use it. The guy in the video used a Trick Shaft. What was interesting is when I had the zero link shaft on and put both beaters up against the drum head and released them, they both swiveled back and forth in unison unlike I have ever seen before. This is a game changer. It should be noted that my dw beaters are 6" from the drum head.
    Yamaha Maple Custom Absolute Y2K, dw Collectors Series Black Velvet and Marine Pearl, dw Snare drums - Edge, Marine Pearl, Black Velvet, Paiste Signature and Zildjian Z Cymbals, dw 9002, 9500 High Hat, dw Rack, Rolling Riser, Roland pads, Roland TD-10 and 20X Modules / dw stands

2. Go Kimi Räikkönen

Yeah, get one of those Trick's drive shafts. Best drive shaft money can buy IMO

3. Registered User

Yep. The Trick driveshaft is a game changer. Worth the money for sure.
    Want to Trade: My Mapex Orion 22x20 bass drum shell in Wine Burl Burst (8.5-9/10) for your 22x16 of the same

4. Purple Crazed

I use a DW 9002 slave pedal for a satellite bass drum and haven't felt much of a difference. I think this because the drive shaft is straight. When the pedal is angled, it kills the rebound motion.

Pearl Purple Craze Reference Series
    10x8 | 12x9 | 13x9 | 14x11 | 16x13 | 22x18
    Pearl 14x5 Wine Red Maple and Copper Free Floating Snares
    Pearl 10x6.2 Mangini Signature Snare
    Tama Octobans

5. Bean

Just wish my zero link shaft was not busted.
    Yamaha Maple Custom Absolute Y2K, dw Collectors Series Black Velvet and Marine Pearl, dw Snare drums - Edge, Marine Pearl, Black Velvet, Paiste Signature and Zildjian Z Cymbals, dw 9002, 9500 High Hat, dw Rack, Rolling Riser, Roland pads, Roland TD-10 and 20X Modules / dw stands

6. There can be only 1

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Skiddz View Post
    Yep. The Trick driveshaft is a game changer. Worth the money for sure.
    +1