Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 25 to 36 of 220
  1. Starclassic Guy

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Alliance, OH
    Posts
    3,039

    Default

    Also, I'm pretty sure every major company should figure out a way to do this. Ingenious, relatively cheap, and works amazingly well.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/al...p?albumid=1153 <---- My Drums

    Formerly TreCoolFool

  2. Purple Crazed

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by philb1029 View Post
    i hung a few more fluorescent lights down stairs to brighten up my drum area. My iphone can take some better pictures now. My drums have a guest coming to meet them tomorrow.
    holy smokes!

    Pearl Purple Craze Reference Series
    10x8 | 12x9 | 13x9 | 14x11 | 16x13 | 22x18
    Pearl 14x5 Wine Red Maple and Copper Free Floating Snares
    Pearl 10x6.2 Mangini Signature Snare
    Tama Octobans

  3. Registered User

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Kinda sorta near Pittsburgh (right at the tristate area)
    Posts
    3,167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PhilB1029 View Post
    I hung a few more fluorescent lights down stairs to brighten up my drum area. My iPhone can take some better pictures now. My drums have a guest coming to meet them tomorrow.

  4. There can be only 1

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Wherever I want.
    Posts
    4,940

    Default

    Looks amazing!!!! Killer set.

  5. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    17,603

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PhilB1029 View Post
    Also, I'm pretty sure every major company should figure out a way to do this. Ingenious, relatively cheap, and works amazingly well.
    I'm sorry but what precisely am I looking at?
    Way Too Much Crap

  6. Playing since 1976

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    I'm sorry but what precisely am I looking at?
    For the Iron Cobra/Speed Cobra double pedals, Tama makes a bracket that allows you to connect your slave pedal to the hihat stand. It helps keep everything in place and in position.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE


  7. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    17,603

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    For the Iron Cobra/Speed Cobra double pedals, Tama makes a bracket that allows you to connect your slave pedal to the hihat stand. It helps keep everything in place and in position.
    Just after I hit "reply" I saw it. Pretty cool feature.
    Way Too Much Crap

  8. Starclassic Guy

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Alliance, OH
    Posts
    3,039

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Just after I hit "reply" I saw it. Pretty cool feature.
    It's awesome. When I went to get these new pedals I seriously considered the redline eliminators. They feel great, look awesome and are feature rich. Three things keep me from them: pearl pedals are hard to lubricate and maintenance properly. Tama pedals come right apart to get to the bearings and all the moving pieces quickly and easily. 2. I'm a brand freak. It would have eventually bothered me to have pearl pedals on an almost other wise all Tama kit. 3. This feature. No extra spur adaptor needed. No putting bar weight in front of the pedal.

    I will say that I don't think all these new little innovations Tama put into the iron cobra make much if any noticeable difference. My last gen gigging pedals feel as good as these. The biggest plus to the updates I notice is that the sprint tension is much easier to change and adjust. And I notice the spring in the high hat feels much looser than before. Not the first time I've heard that complaint either.
    http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/al...p?albumid=1153 <---- My Drums

    Formerly TreCoolFool

  9. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    17,603

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PhilB1029 View Post
    It's awesome. When I went to get these new pedals I seriously considered the redline eliminators. They feel great, look awesome and are feature rich. Three things keep me from them: pearl pedals are hard to lubricate and maintenance properly. Tama pedals come right apart to get to the bearings and all the moving pieces quickly and easily. 2. I'm a brand freak. It would have eventually bothered me to have pearl pedals on an almost other wise all Tama kit. 3. This feature. No extra spur adaptor needed. No putting bar weight in front of the pedal.

    I will say that I don't think all these new little innovations Tama put into the iron cobra make much if any noticeable difference. My last gen gigging pedals feel as good as these. The biggest plus to the updates I notice is that the sprint tension is much easier to change and adjust. And I notice the spring in the high hat feels much looser than before. Not the first time I've heard that complaint either.
    I get your brand OCD. I'm the same way generally but have no problem having DW pedals on a Pearl kit. Go figure.
    Way Too Much Crap

  10. Starclassic Guy

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Alliance, OH
    Posts
    3,039

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    I get your brand OCD. I'm the same way generally but have no problem having DW pedals on a Pearl kit. Go figure.
    Mines not as bad as it used to be. But I may upgrade the rack to a Tama one day since I won't need to do a whole lot in the way of modifying it with this setup. They're just so damn expensive. If I like direct drive pedals I wouldn't have a choice since Tama doesn't make any. I've seen some pretty nice mods for them though. Your DW pedals look great on you brx though. Still love your kit.
    http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/al...p?albumid=1153 <---- My Drums

    Formerly TreCoolFool

  11. Starclassic Guy

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Alliance, OH
    Posts
    3,039

    Default

    There's a fuller on my couch. Who the hell let him in here?!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/al...p?albumid=1153 <---- My Drums

    Formerly TreCoolFool

  12. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    17,603

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PhilB1029 View Post
    There's a fuller on my couch. Who the hell let him in here?!
    Looks like he's about to draw down on that lizard!
    Way Too Much Crap

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •