Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Registered User

Kinda sorta near Pittsburgh (right at the tristate area)

Quote Originally Posted by PhilB1029 View Post
    Fuller's coming to check them out next Sunday. I hope our wives know that that means they're going to be yelling at the kids while we're downstairs acting like bigger kids. Good thing they get along lol.
    My wife definitely has 3 kids... My daughter, my son, and me

2. Starclassic Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Fuller89 View Post
    My wife definitely has 3 kids... My daughter, my son, and me
    Mine too. Add the spoiled rotten pets to that list that were her babies before having a baby and now they're regressing because they're no longer the center of attention.
    http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/al...p?albumid=1153 <---- My Drums

Formerly TreCoolFool

3. Registered User

Phenomenal kit Phil!

4. A Passion Play ...

Sweet rig. Looks like lots of fun.
    Eric G : Pearl,pAiSTe,Remo,Vic Firth,SKB,Roc n Soc,Roland V-Drums. Masters MCX Chestnut fade.
    22"x18",10"x8",12"x9",16"x16". Ian Paice Snare. Why not ...

5. a.k.a. YtseJam

Looks really cool, I'm especially liking the x-hat positioning.

But the DCF was cooler.

6. Starclassic Guy

Quote Originally Posted by hipodilski View Post
    Looks really cool, I'm especially liking the x-hat positioning. But the DCF was cooler.
    I won't lie that I like the DCF finish more. But these drums do sound phenomenal. And think of it like this: now more people than just me or whoever is at my house get to enjoy my DCF kit. Used it at practice yesterday and it sounded awesome. I had three drumsets (still do at the moment) that's not necessary. And I realized I wasn't practicing as much because I don't care for double bass kits. I don't like the sound of two bass drums and we all know that new gear can inspire more playing.

Formerly TreCoolFool

7. Starclassic Guy

I can't stop playing these drums! Tama knocked it out of the park with these. Chinese made or not.

Formerly TreCoolFool

8. The Sensitone Guy

Beautiful drums. Thanks for posting.

I have two Tama B/B drums, a 12" tom and a 16" floor tom. I can't say enough good things about them.

9. Starclassic Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Andy H View Post
    Beautiful drums. Thanks for posting. I have two Tama B/B drums, a 12" tom and a 16" floor tom. I can't say enough good things about them.
    12" toms have always given me trouble. Not this one. I think that says more about these drums than anything else. I can tune it JAW and it sounds great. Most kits I've had to tune around what my 12" will let me get away with. And that beautiful bubinga wood on the interior makes them so nice to look at while playing.

Formerly TreCoolFool

10. The Sensitone Guy

Quote Originally Posted by PhilB1029 View Post
    12" toms have always given me trouble. Not this one. I think that says more about these drums than anything else. I can tune it JAW and it sounds great. Most kits I've had to tune around what my 12" will let me get away with. And that beautiful bubinga wood on the interior makes them so nice to look at while playing.
    I agree. The inside of the B/B shells is very pleasing to the eye. It's Mother Nature's work of art. I really love the look of wood grain.

Other wood grains look great too. Sometimes when I'm playing my Pearl MCX kit, I'll look through the toms and just focus on the wood grain.

I just set up my practice kit this evening. It consists of a 12" Tama B/B tom, a 16" Tama B/B floor tom, a 22" Gretsch renown bass drum and a Pearl Sensitone Aluminum snare. Can't wait for practice! The kit looks like a train wreck with various colors, but it sounds superb.

11. Starclassic Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Andy H View Post
    I agree. The inside of the B/B shells is very pleasing to the eye. It's Mother Nature's work of art. I really love the look of wood grain. Other wood grains look great too. Sometimes when I'm playing my Pearl MCX kit, I'll look through the toms and just focus on the wood grain. I just set up my practice kit this evening. It consists of a 12" Tama B/B tom, a 16" Tama B/B floor tom, a 22" Gretsch renown bass drum and a Pearl Sensitone Aluminum snare. Can't wait for practice! The kit looks like a train wreck with various colors, but it sounds superb.
    If it works, that's all that matters. I've seen lots of jelly bean sets here in the northeast Ohio over the years. I myself need them to match for my own inner demons.

A few months ago I picked up a used 2005ish Tama metalworks aluminum drum for $100. Almost brand new and I can't get over how much I enjoy it. It's a lot punchier than I thought it would be, and those aluminum overtones are so pleasant. It's the only drum I use a single ply head on right now. Is the sensitive a chrome over, or is it a whiteish finish?

Formerly TreCoolFool

12. Starclassic Guy

I hung a few more fluorescent lights down stairs to brighten up my drum area. My iPhone can take some better pictures now. My drums have a guest coming to meet them tomorrow.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Formerly TreCoolFool