Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    We've had this discussion before here.

When I set up my kit, the kick is canted a few degrees to the right. Essentially, it's a double kick set up without two racks and another kick. It's how the feet and body sit, ergonomically. I've never understood people who set their kick up straight on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuller89 View Post
    That's what I do... the kick is square to the stage but my body is face to the left a bit and I just turn my head a little bit and it's all good lol
    Both ways work... it's whatever you're comfortable with, and whatever you think looks best for the audience. I like how PercWorld re-engineered this issue for himself... a single-kick setup where the kick drum AND the player are straight forward... https://www.pearldrummersforum.com/s...post1854413266
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

2. Registered User

Kinda sorta near Pittsburgh (right at the tristate area)

Quote Originally Posted by PhilB1029 View Post
    It's more about the twist that that can put on your lower back. Especially when reaching for floor toms. Have you noticed on your double bass kit that the second floor is much easier to reach? That's because you've centered yourself with the snare and not the bass drum, and that will put the floor toms in an easier to reach position.
    It's the same on either setup. I used both kicks to setup the distance of my double pedal and set up the same way.

I just rotate my whole kit to the left to have the kick square to the stage. Without 2 kicks I think a kit looks odd to not have the kick facing straight ahead

3. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    Both ways work... it's whatever you're comfortable with, and whatever you think looks best for the audience. I like how PercWorld re-engineered this issue for himself... a single-kick setup where the kick drum AND the player are straight forward... https://www.pearldrummersforum.com/s...post1854413266
    I do like his new setup, I've liked all of his setups actually

4. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

My snare is center for me. Don't be fooled by the direction of the hi-hat plate. My heel is on the floor as I almost play it sideways.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

5. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    My snare is center for me. Don't be fooled by the direction of the hi-hat plate. My heel is on the floor as I almost play it sideways.
    So... because your kick is straight-facing, your whole body is effectively facing that china on the left?
    Way Too Much Crap

6. Registered User

So... because your kick is straight-facing, your whole body is effectively facing that china on the left?
    I would say more so the 12" rack in the last 2 pictures. That is the direction my body would be facing.

Well, maybe between the rack and the china.

7. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by Fuller89 View Post
    I would say more so the 12" rack in the last 2 pictures. That is the direction my body would be facing.

Well, maybe between the rack and the china.
    I was actually referring to Dale's set up.
    Way Too Much Crap

8. Starclassic Guy

I'm odd man out. I like it when I see a kick off set a little bit. Doesn't look odd to me at all. As long as you do t setup with the back to your audience like a guy used to do here on NEO scene years back. He said it was so people could "see the mechanics of what he was doing" I kinda though he was just a self absorbed tool.
    http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/al...p?albumid=1153 <---- My Drums

Formerly TreCoolFool

9. Registered User

I was actually referring to Dale's set up.
    As was I

10. Playing since 1976

I like how you use a small tom near your ride. It allows you to have you ride a little close than if it were set up traditionally.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

11. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    I like how you use a small tom near your ride. It allows you to have you ride a little close than if it were set up traditionally.
    More than anything, I have brought in closer. The feel is genuinely a four piece.

No. I’m looking straight ahead.

12. Drumming Since 1943

More than anything, I have brought in closer. The feel is genuinely a four piece.

No. I’m looking straight ahead.
    But your HH foot is actually ACROSS the footboard, right? Isn't that what you said above?
    Way Too Much Crap