Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 70's fiberglass

1. Registered User

Default 70's fiberglass

Hey everyone! Recently scored a great fiberglass shell kit from the 70's. Can't identify the year unfortunately, don't know how.

I've come to realize it needs 8 new bass drum lugs however. I think the hole spacing is 50mm? Can anyone direct me to a good source for some lugs???? Thank you!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by XtomX View Post
    Hey everyone! Recently scored a great fiberglass shell kit from the 70's. Can't identify the year unfortunately, don't know how.

I've come to realize it needs 8 new bass drum lugs however. I think the hole spacing is 50mm? Can anyone direct me to a good source for some lugs???? Thank you!
    NICE!

Drum Factory Direct should have what you need at decent prices. They have replacement spur parts too so you can put the rubber feet back on without having to buy new spurs.

Oh, and I think that is a mid-late 70's since it has the 7/8" tom mount instead of the hex mounts.

3. Registered User

I have enough Masters series lugs for that kit, if you'd be interested
    Selling Rocket Shells custom carbon fiber drums - 10x8, 12x9, 14x10, 16x14, 22x18

4. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fuller89 View Post
    NICE! Drum Factory Direct should have what you need at decent prices. They have replacement spur parts too so you can put the rubber feet back on without having to buy new spurs. Oh, and I think that is a mid-late 70's since it has the 7/8" tom mount instead of the hex mounts.
    I actually was able to get some k-brakes on it. I ordered some lugs from DFD (I use them all the time) but they don't match /:

5. Registered User

Those fiberglass drums sound amazing but the lugs are notorious for breaking. Have you checked eBay?

Buy Nice or Buy Twice!

My Cherry Craviottos