Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

• Home
  1. Registered User

Default H2000 tired of using my drum key to fold it up. Replacement screws?

Hello Everyone,

Been using an H2000 for years now. Great stand, not a single issue with it except when it comes time to pack it up. I've just recently ordered a Remo quick cluck as I'm tired of fumbling with a drum key, and having the screw fall out while playing. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a thumb screw, or a screw with wings on it that I can replace the stock screws with. It would be awesome to loosen and tighten the screws without needing a key. If I can't find anything online, I'll probably just make some small wings out of hardwood and attach them with resin.

Thanks,
    Practice Kit:
    Pearl: 13" Piccolo, 10/14" Masters MCX.
    A Cstm: 13" MS Hats, 10" Spl, 16/18/20 Proj Crash, 18" EFX, 6.5" ZilBel, 14" SFlanger, 12" Chopper, 16" CCT Stack.

Gig Kit:
    Pearl: 13" Piccolo, 12" Masters MCX, 16" Export Tom-Kick.
    A Cstm: 13" MS Hats, 20" Proj Crash, 6.5" ZilBel, 8" Spl.

2. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by Boy_Narf View Post
    Remo quick cluck
    Is this some sort of kazoo that serves as a fast duck call?
    I'M INTERESTED IN SELLING SOME OF MY PEARL SNARE DRUMS. IF YOU WANT TO CHECK THEM OUT, CLICK THE LINK FOR MY WEBSITE BELOW. GO TO DRUMS/SNARE DRUMS. FEEL FREE TO MESSAGE ME WITH ANY QUESTIONS OR OFFERS.

My website ===> CLICK HERE
    My eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE

3. King of Pointlessness.

That's a nice idea. I'll search my spare parts to see if anything fits.
    - [ Paiste Cymbals, Sonor Drums, Pearl Hardware ] -

- [ Sonor SQ² 2015 ] - [ Old monster kit ] - [ My Pies ] - [ Custom ICON ] -

#Paiste on IRCNET

4. Registered User

CORRECT! It's a bird call I've fashioned onto my kit. My drummer face is out of hand, so I play it along with the beat to keep me looking cool!

I found out from the parts list them are called key bolts. The clutch one is 5mm, but can't find a measurement on the hihat legs. I sent an email to pearl support asking about the exact size. I might be able to get a regular wing bolt from home depot or something.
    Practice Kit:
    A Cstm: 13" MS Hats, 10" Spl, 16/18/20 Proj Crash, 18" EFX, 6.5" ZilBel, 14" SFlanger, 12" Chopper, 16" CCT Stack.

Gig Kit:

5. Registered User

Greetings!

Just heard back from support the part they suggested is the UGB-620/2. They are EXPENSIVE! to get imported to Canada, so I'm just going to pickup some M6X20mm wing bolts and see how they do.
    Practice Kit:

Gig Kit:

6. Is this Illidan?

It's machine thread 10 for a standard drum key, but you can always take the bolt you want replaced into a bolt supply warehouse to confirm it and then get whatever you want. I'd recommend that over stripping out threads because you got a thread that was 'close enough'.

7. Chomp, Chomp

Greetings! Just heard back from support the part they suggested is the UGB-620/2. They are EXPENSIVE! to get imported to Canada, so I'm just going to pickup some M6X20mm wing bolts and see how they do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gord The Drummer View Post
    It's machine thread 10 for a standard drum key, but you can always take the bolt you want replaced into a bolt supply warehouse to confirm it and then get whatever you want. I'd recommend that over stripping out threads because you got a thread that was 'close enough'.
    I don't want to give advice unless I'm sure we're talking about the same parts. If the parts you're looking for are the ones circled, than listen to Gord. The ones on the bottom are definitely 10mm key bolts. The top one looks like it is smaller. Maybe that was the 6mm part that the Pearl rep was looking at. The only job of the top bolt is to secure the footboard for transport. The bottom key bolts secure your footboard for playing. Also, why would you want 20mm long bolts when the ones that you're replacing are only 10mm long? I would think an M10X10 wing bolt would work for the bottom bolts. Also, the clamps that these bolts go into are spring loaded. I'm not sure why yours would fall out when playing.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by quicksticks; 07-28-2017 at 01:18 PM.
    Drumming since 1961.
    MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Paiste Cymbals

8. Registered User

Hey,

It was the clutch screw that kept falling out. The remo clutch solved that.

Yes those are the screws I was looking for. I ordered these from Ebay and they are PERFECT!!!

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/2PCS-M6-x-20m...53.m2749.l2649

The one that holds the board in transport is 10mm (I think anyway), and the other two are 20mm. The top screw sticks out the back a little, but it doesn't interfere with anything. The bottom ones fit perfectly.

AWESOME! I don't need a drum key for any of my hardware setup. Oh wait... the bass drum beater... hmm...
    Practice Kit:

Gig Kit:

9. Registered User

BLAST! It's a different sized thread. Oh well, Almost there
    Practice Kit:

Gig Kit:

10. Registered User

Update folks. Turns out there isn't enough clearance on the winnut to work for the hihat pedal storage clamp. Oh well. Guess I'll just suck it up and use the drum key haha.
    Practice Kit:

Gig Kit:

11. Registered User

Update folks. Turns out there isn't enough clearance on the winnut to work for the hihat pedal storage clamp. Oh well. Guess I'll just suck it up and use the drum key haha.
    I hate that. I've ran in to more that a few drum items, drums and stands, that the wing nut hits other pieces of the kit when opened up.

Well, you tried! Sorry it didn't work out.