Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Registered User

How on earth did you have a pair of sticks survive for 30 years??? I'm happy if I get 30 days out of a pair!
    Clear Pearl Crystal Beat
    Cherry Burst Gretch Renown Maple
    Natural Ludwig Birch

And a whole mess of Zildjian cymbals.

2. Registered User

Thanks for all the info and Matt, you're probably right... the name begins to ring a bell!

I never had the tip fly off, but knowing how much regular nylon acorns used to shoot across the room... I can see it happening.

I liked them when I wasn't as particular about sticks... now I'm expanding into more articulate, thinner models like Weckl or Gadd VF's in wood-tip. However, I'll admit my stick bag does have some DC-10's and Corpsmasters, ha ha.

As for how they lasted 30 years? Well, that's the yin/yang... I went through all the ones I had, and these were the only pair that stayed tucked with the practice pad in the bag. I dug that out from the garage this last year and I was surprised to find my old friends inside.

Lately, I've been playing a lot of un-mic'ed 200-person hall sessions or smaller settings so I'm going through sticks less. Mostly, I'm beating up my Cool Rods on cross sticking and rim hits. They're all turning to dust around the mid-section.

3. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by The Kurgan View Post
    I was looking for a stick that lasted longer & I tried the. Promark Mambo sticks. Thinner than the RK's but they last much longer that traditional tips. They have a sound that's in between the RK's & a normal stick so I can deal with that. Plus they are 1/2 the price of most other sticks.
    I'm interested in the Mambo and other timbale sticks, but the Pro-Mark website is now part of D'Addario/Evans, and is not working on my computers.

Quote Originally Posted by Riggz View Post
    Mostly, I'm beating up my Cool Rods on cross sticking and rim hits. They're all turning to dust around the mid-section.
    Oak stick eventually break down into saw dust as well, BUT they are definitely more resilient than hickory. I feel like I don't have to hit as hard with oak sticks, since they have more weight.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

4. There can be only 1

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    I'm interested in the Mambo and other timbale sticks, but the Pro-Mark website is now part of D'Addario/Evans, and is not working on my computers.
    I buy them on Amazon prime...easy & fast.

5. Registered User

Well, this day was sure to happen. When I was not even looking for them I just stumbled across the very pair sticks I was wondering about. They don't have any identifying information on them, as it got ripped off with where, but it does reaffirm that they are somewhat unique nowadays.

Having sat down behind the kit just now to try them out for a test drive after all these years, I got to say they are entirely too heavy.

The weight and balance is so different from my 7A's and I'm no longer playing bash rock so into the bag they go. Probably toward the back.
    Attached Images Attached Images