1. Registered User

Default my Pearl Roadshow 4 piece

Name:  ForumRunner_20170704_081318.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  55.1 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20170704_081325.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  50.1 KB

I absolutely love this kit. It's very lightweight and portable yet well built. Looks great and sounds amazing, I threw on some Evans batter heads stock resos for now and it sounds great. Great job Pearl

2. Unban nik12

What's that cymbal doin way up there?

3. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MitchLyons View Post
    What's that cymbal doin way up there?
    Chillin out.
    Pearl/Dixon/Paiste/LP/Remo/Pro-Mark 5ABN

4. Registered User

What cymbals are those? They look pretty nice.

5. Registered User

Kinda sorta near Pittsburgh (right at the tristate area)

Quote Originally Posted by VicFirthDrummer69 View Post
    What cymbals are those? They look pretty nice.
    I think those might be wuhans?

6. Registered User

That's what I thought. It looks like the 457 series, but I've never seen that finish before.
    Pearl, Wuhan, Vic Firth, Evans and Remo, and Vater practice pad.

I want some Zildjians.

7. Registered User

Name:  ForumRunner_20170710_093939.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  62.6 KB

The hats ride and left crash are Wuhan 457,the crash ride and splash are both Wuhan Traditionals and Wuhan China. I must admit they all sound amazing and I'm a big Sabian guy. My last kit was all AAX and HH. I have less than half the money in the Wuhans and I'm happy with them.

8. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dmccaffity View Post
    Name:  ForumRunner_20170710_093939.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  62.6 KB

The hats ride and left crash are Wuhan 457,the crash ride and splash are both Wuhan Traditionals and Wuhan China. I must admit they all sound amazing and I'm a big Sabian guy. My last kit was all AAX and HH. I have less than half the money in the Wuhans and I'm happy with them.
    I have some Wuhan New-Traditional cymbals on my Roadshow. They sound way better than entry level B8 cymbals for the same price point. I was going for a darker sounding setup, and I'm satistfied with the hi-hats and the crash. I'm not sure about the ride though. It is darker than the Sabian B8/Pro and Zildjian ZBT ride, but it's a little brighter than the Zildjian A ride. I would say the ride is in between the Zildjian A and Zildjian K ride. Besides that, Wuhan cymbals are great for beginners and they are also good spare cymbals for professional drummers who don't want to use their expensive cymbals for a small gig.
    Pearl, Wuhan, Vic Firth, Evans and Remo, and Vater practice pad.

I want some Zildjians.

9. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by VicFirthDrummer69 View Post
    I have some Wuhan New-Traditional cymbals on my Roadshow. They sound way better than entry level B8 cymbals for the same price point. I was going for a darker sounding setup, and I'm satistfied with the hi-hats and the crash. I'm not sure about the ride though. It is darker than the Sabian B8/Pro and Zildjian ZBT ride, but it's a little brighter than the Zildjian A ride. I would say the ride is in between the Zildjian A and Zildjian K ride. Besides that, Wuhan cymbals are great for beginners and they are also good spare cymbals for professional drummers who don't want to use their expensive cymbals for a small gig.
    I've heard good things about the Wuhan's. I've considered them in the past but just never pulled the trigger on anything!

10. Registered User

So far I've had no complaints with the Wuhan 457s. Based on the sound of the 18" traditional crash ride and 8" splash I am thinking about a set of Traditional hats, maybe a 17 Traditional thin and a 20" Traditional medium/heavy ride. They have a very cool sounding Linear Stack that I'm interested in as well.

11. Registered User

Kinda sorta near Pittsburgh (right at the tristate area)

I have a 12" traditional splash (that is kinda more crash like than splashy) and I love it. Its just a touch trashy and kinda airy. I also use an 18" riveted china, though it didn't have rivets in it when I got it (used) and I added them back to it but I've been thinking of removing them again.